Burrito de desayuno con huevos, patatas y Cochinita

Cochinita? Yeah I’ve got lots of it. How do I use it for leftover? One way is Breakfast Burritos.

Here are some onions, potatoes, bell pepper and cochinita all cooked up and ready to go.

19813291379_698eeb5982_z.jpg

Add the huevos,

19999976835_256f278d93_z.jpg

stir,

19992227502_cac376e6e5_z.jpg

and roll them up in a warm tortilla with some cheese and Tapatio.

19377345114_8aba7958c2_z.jpg

Muy bueno! :)

Thanks everyone.

Bosco, I rarely look at a cook book and don't own one for any of my Mexican cooks. My Mom learned from our neighbor Delores Reyes in Montebello. What she learned was taught to me. A lot of it just rubbed off from eating it so much and growing up with all my friends and their mom’s. (Garcia’s, Rodriquez, Montoya’s) I've also supplemented what I was taught by watching cooking shows and YouTube videos.

@Bosco 

If you want to learn real, serious Mexican style cooking, buy any cookbook by Rick Bayless. He grew up in a family of cooks and restaurant owners and became fascinated with Mexican and Latin American culture and cooking. He actually has an undergrad degree in Latin American studies and a graduate degree in Anthropology. He and his wife spent years in Mexico learning the food and culture before he came back to open his restaurants. 

His "Mexican Everyday" cookbooks are great and I think they released a 20th anniversary issue of his "Authentic Mexico" a few years ago.

Bayless is one of my cooking heroes. 

@Bosco 

If you want to learn real, serious Mexican style cooking, buy any cookbook by Rick Bayless. He grew up in a family of cooks and restaurant owners and became fascinated with Mexican and Latin American culture and cooking. He actually has an undergrad degree in Latin American studies and a graduate degree in Anthropology. He and his wife spent years in Mexico learning the food and culture before he came back to open his restaurants. 

His "Mexican Everyday" cookbooks are great and I think they released a 20th anniversary issue of his "Authentic Mexico" a few years ago.

Bayless is one of my cooking heroes. 

Kara is right on this one. Bayless is great, but my best cooking tips come from my neighbors from Mexico and Bolivia. They cook simply, efficiently, and I swear they are all cooking all day long. Just always something simmering away. Man, I love my neighborhood.

Rick Bayless apart from beign a great cheff is a really cool guy, hanged out with him a couple of years ago, he came into the winery for tasting and ended up fishing in the pond and cooking ceviche for a couple of friends!

A really cool guy!

Z

Rick Bayless apart from beign a great cheff is a really cool guy, hanged out with him a couple of years ago, he came into the winery for tasting and ended up fishing in the pond and cooking ceviche for a couple of friends!

A really cool guy!

Z

I'm jealous! :) There are a handful of folks in the food industry who I'm a big fan of - not in a celebrity/FoodTV kind of way, but just in pure respect for their love of the craft and the food.  Bayless is one of them. He seems like he'd be a great guy to hang out with.