Sign in to follow this  
Charcoal Addict

Weber BBQ Spray Review

Weber makes their own BBQ Spray that claims to not cause flare-up's on hot cooks. I found some on sale at Home Depot for $2.99 CAD. The deal was good enough to try it out on the Joe.

post-3283-0-72527800-1437870305.jpg

So how did the Weber "No Flare" Grill Spray Perform

Flare-up's: The Weber Grill Spay delivered as expect. I sprayed down the grill grates over the Big Joe at 450F with no flare-up whatsoever. The product delivered as promised.

Sustainability: Here's where Weber's "No-Flare" Grill Spray was an epic fail. The lubrication just evaporates too quickly. For direct cooks and sears, the Weber spray is useless. At 300F, the Weber spray performs as promised. This greatly really limits the number of cooks where Weber "No-Flare" Cooking Spray can be used.

Grill Marks: Passable at 300F. Non-existent at 450F. You can get decent grill marks with Weber Cooking Spray but the grill marks are no-where near as well defined as grates rubbed down with Grapseed oil or Grates sprayed down with Pam.

Conclusion: Save your $3 bucks for a cooking oil that actually performs. You can tolerate a couple of flare-up's or you can pre-grease the grates before you start. Weber is half way there, it looks the boys in the lab need to do some more work on this product before it will be ready for the Big Game.

Completely agree with your review.  I found all the exact same results when I tried a can.  Would not purchase again.  Went back to pam...I kinda LIKE the flareups myself!   :evil:

Not to sidetrack the thread, but has anyone noticed any noticeable difference between the high temp Pam for BBQs and regular Pam?

I kind of want to know this too

Not to sidetrack the thread, but has anyone noticed any noticeable difference between the high temp Pam for BBQs and regular Pam?

I'll have to find a bottle I can test out. So far I've not seen any high-temp Pam in Canada.

I'll have to find a bottle I can test out. So far I've not seen any high-temp Pam in Canada.

I have both and personally haven't noticed much difference yet but I have only used it a few times so far.

I have both and personally haven't noticed much difference yet but I have only used it a few times so far.

Most of the reviews on PAM high heat say it has the same issues as Weber's Spray's. Instant vaporization. A Misto full of Grapeseed or Avocado oil works just as well.

I hate using Coconut oil for grilling over high-heat. Coconut oil flare-up's are extremely dangerous for your eyebrows.

I started to get a can of the high heat Pam the other day but after reading the ingredients I just bought a can of regular Canola Oil. That was the main ingredient in the Pam, Canola Oil.

High Heat Pam is too expensive and it burns into the grate in a short few seconds. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone based on any of the reviews.

I pour some grapeseed oil on a paper towel after my grates are at temp I give them a brush if needed and wipe over with the towel I have have tried Evoo but not any more I find it can go rancid i will keep it fir marinades and saladI noticed my grill marks where black as I would not recommend any spray on stuff I can see that burning up right away