Things you will need:

About a 10" section of pork loin or a tenderloin

1 package of cream cheese

some dried spinach

cotton twine

black pepper

salt

Ranch dressing dry mix

your favorite dry rub (you can find my dry rub recipe in the rubs thread)

1. Get the cream cheese and pork to room temp.

2. Using a fork blend 2 tsp of the ranch dry mix in to the cream cheese.

3. "Flatten" your pork loin. Starting at the top cut it long wise to create a 3/4 flap and continue cutting the 3/4 flap until you have spiral cut that allows you to roll out the loin in to a flat sheet.

IMG_20120916_135056.jpg

4. Using a spatula spread the cream cheese mix over the entire surface of the flattened loin

5. Sprinkle a few tbs (to taste) of the dried spinach over the entire surface.

6. Add fresh ground black pepper.

7. Dust with salt.

IMG_20120916_140456.jpg

8. Roll the loin up in a spiral like you might do with a pin wheel and tie it. I start by putting a tight loop on one end, then on the other end, finally one in the middle. Then I take a very long piece and tie a loop on one end and then roll the loin and wrap it with the string abut every 1/2 inch from one side all the way to the other. Keep it taunt. Tie it off using one of the extra bits of string from the first loop you tied on the end.

IMG_20120916_142019.jpg

9. Dust it with dry rub.

IMG_20120916_142430.jpg

10. Cook it at about 300 using an indirect method until you reach an internal temp of 140. When you pull it, wrap it in foil, then in a towel and put it in your oven or in a cooler and let it rest for an hour.

IMG_20120916_163128.jpg

Once the rest is done, use a sharp knife and cut it in to thin pieces and serve. Yellow rice and steamed broccoli might go well along with some grilled mushrooms.

IMG_20120916_174613.jpg

Enjoy!

• 3 months later...
Im try'n your Pork supreme today, cant wait till its done :)

How did it go Clayton? I wish I could say I'm hungry for some but I came down with the flu yesterday :(

Hey Phil, you take good care of yourself and get well in a big hurry! :D

Im try'n your Pork supreme today, cant wait till its done :)

How did it go Clayton? I wish I could say I'm hungry for some but I came down with the flu yesterday :(

Hey Phil, you take good care of yourself and get well in a big hurry! :D

Yes do get well quickly. My daughter is an EMS driver and she says that local hospitals have quit taking people in at times over the last few weeks because they were full of flue patients.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Philpom

I just made this recipe. I can't help myself---I had half a dozen recipes --fresh apples--mushrooms and onions-- bacon--ETC. Well those were too time consuming. We did your recipe and substituted frozen spinach thawed and wrung dry because we did not have dried. Well two "plant based" people just loved it and all the rest raved about it. It was a huge hit.

Philpom

I just made this recipe. I can't help myself---I had half a dozen recipes --fresh apples--mushrooms and onions-- bacon--ETC. Well those were too time consuming. We did your recipe and substituted frozen spinach thawed and wrung dry because we did not have dried. Well two "plant based" people just loved it and all the rest raved about it. It was a huge hit.

Very nice!