• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
philpom

stuffed pork loin supreme

Gonna do this for Christmas as well as a standard pork loin with some type of maple syrup glaze.. For the rub could you not just use a dry ranch packet or do you feel it would be overpowering?

I'm not sure what using the ranch packet would do.  Try it before Christmas dinner!  Kinda sounds good....  I do like sweet pork rub on this though.

Seeing as that post was from exactly one year ago tomorrow, he can probably tell us exactly how it turned out. ;)

laf

I made this earlier this week and it is outstanding. If you haven't tried yet do yourself a favor. Alternate cutting method if the spiral cut is to much. You can make a cut right down the center but not all the way through like you are butterflying a steak. Then butterfly the two left and right sides again. That should flatten it out nicely.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By SmokinSteveBBQ
      You never know what Ole SmokinSteve is going to come up with next so be sure to Subscribe and leave comments. Thanks for watching...... Smoke On .... it’s all Good!
    • By Cajunate
      Alright, I took a twin pack or pork tenderloins from the freezer to thaw yesterday but I didn't feel like grilling it today. So I cut each tenderloin up into chunks, seasoned them with salt and black pepper and lightly coated them with seasoned flour.  I browned these while I diced some onions. When browned I removed the pork and added the onions to cook until tender. Next I added a lil more flour and cooked that  down with the onions. Then I added some chicken base and water and simmered that until well incorporated and added the pork back to the pan and let it slowly simmer to cook. 

Simmering

Time to eat!

Not bad at all!!!!!!!

• By Tarheel
      Tried something new the other night using Robert Rothschild's Roasted Red Pepper and Onion sauce, which I had picked up at Costco a while back.

First laid out the bacon, and coated with the red pepper sauce, then I added the pork tenderloin and wrapped it up. It was a bit sloppy looking both on the grill & plate, but it sure tasted good. I think I might use a bacon weave if I try this one again.

BTW, these Rothschild sauces are really good, I've yet to try one I didn't like. The Roasted Pineapple & Habanero is also very good, carried by Costco intermittently.

• By THATGUY
      The other day I bought an 8# pork tenderloin from Costco, I cut it in half and froze half of it.  I found a recipe for a Cuban style rotisserie pork tenderloin, it involved a lot of garlic and some citrus juice.  The garlic really came through, the citrus juice not so much, but it was really, really, tasty.  I think I let it go just a little long, the tenderloin was on the dry side, but the family really enjoyed it.  It even went well on lunch salads throughout the week.  I still think the JoeTisserie is a very expensive accessory, but I have cranked out some pretty solid dishes with it.  It's nice to have it in the inventory.  I am contemplating doing a turkey on it this year. 

The full write up with pictures is in this link: http://www.backyardmovies.net/cuban-pork-tenderloin-on-the-joetisserie/
    • By Tarheel
      I've been wanting to do a pork loin for a while, and after seeing this recipe on Steven Raichlen's "Project Smoke" show I knew exactly how I wanted to cook it.
      I butterflied the loin, and per the recipe coated the inside with rub, bourbon, dijon mustard, brown sugar, and more bourbon:

Next I tied it up, placing 4 strips of bacon along the outside, and put it on the grill at 300 degrees. I used 4 chunks of cherry, and had good smoke throughout the cook.

Next, I mixed up the glaze (equal parts butter, bourbon, brown sugar, & dijon), and basted the loin when it hit ~ 130.

I then cooked it direct ~ 2 minutes per side to help help carmelize the loin and crisp the bacon:

I pulled it @ an IT of 153:

Slice the loin:

And plated, adding glaze to the sliced loin:

All in all this was really good, and garnered compliments from my wife (always a good thing!).
      A couple of observations: The smoke profile wasn't as pronounced as I would like, I think this may be because I used cherry chunks while the recipe calls for hickory. I will use hickory next time. Also, the bacon is really a key ingredient, it really soaks up the taste of the smoke and the glaze. A bite of the loin accompanied by a small slice of the bacon was much tastier than the loin by itself.
      I'll do this cook again.