Things you will need:

About a 10" section of pork loin or a tenderloin

1 package of cream cheese

some dried spinach

cotton twine

black pepper

salt

Ranch dressing dry mix

your favorite dry rub (you can find my dry rub recipe in the rubs thread)

1. Get the cream cheese and pork to room temp.

2. Using a fork blend 2 tsp of the ranch dry mix in to the cream cheese.

3. "Flatten" your pork loin. Starting at the top cut it long wise to create a 3/4 flap and continue cutting the 3/4 flap until you have spiral cut that allows you to roll out the loin in to a flat sheet.

IMG_20120916_135056.jpg

4. Using a spatula spread the cream cheese mix over the entire surface of the flattened loin

5. Sprinkle a few tbs (to taste) of the dried spinach over the entire surface.

6. Add fresh ground black pepper.

7. Dust with salt.

IMG_20120916_140456.jpg

8. Roll the loin up in a spiral like you might do with a pin wheel and tie it. I start by putting a tight loop on one end, then on the other end, finally one in the middle. Then I take a very long piece and tie a loop on one end and then roll the loin and wrap it with the string abut every 1/2 inch from one side all the way to the other. Keep it taunt. Tie it off using one of the extra bits of string from the first loop you tied on the end.

IMG_20120916_142019.jpg

9. Dust it with dry rub.

IMG_20120916_142430.jpg

10. Cook it at about 300 using an indirect method until you reach an internal temp of 140. When you pull it, wrap it in foil, then in a towel and put it in your oven or in a cooler and let it rest for an hour.

IMG_20120916_163128.jpg

Once the rest is done, use a sharp knife and cut it in to thin pieces and serve. Yellow rice and steamed broccoli might go well along with some grilled mushrooms.

IMG_20120916_174613.jpg

Enjoy!

• 3 months later...
Im try'n your Pork supreme today, cant wait till its done :)

How did it go Clayton? I wish I could say I'm hungry for some but I came down with the flu yesterday :(

Hey Phil, you take good care of yourself and get well in a big hurry! :D

Yes do get well quickly. My daughter is an EMS driver and she says that local hospitals have quit taking people in at times over the last few weeks because they were full of flue patients.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Philpom

I just made this recipe. I can't help myself---I had half a dozen recipes --fresh apples--mushrooms and onions-- bacon--ETC. Well those were too time consuming. We did your recipe and substituted frozen spinach thawed and wrung dry because we did not have dried. Well two "plant based" people just loved it and all the rest raved about it. It was a huge hit.

Philpom

I just made this recipe. I can't help myself---I had half a dozen recipes --fresh apples--mushrooms and onions-- bacon--ETC. Well those were too time consuming. We did your recipe and substituted frozen spinach thawed and wrung dry because we did not have dried. Well two "plant based" people just loved it and all the rest raved about it. It was a huge hit.

Very nice!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By philpom
      This was an outstanding meal and pretty easy to cook.  The veggies cooked in a foil pack with a little pork rub and olive oil.  The loin cooked indirect at 300°f for about 90 minutes and was pulled at an internal temperature of 148°f.

I cut this open, dusted with some pork rub, cream cheese and fresh spinach out of our garden. 

Tied it up nice and tight and put in in the preheated Primo.

Just about ready!

Yum, the spinach was juicy and the cheese creamy.

The sprouts and asparagus steamed perfectly in their own juices and complimented the pork very well.

Had to have something refreshing to finish this meal with!
    • By Shortyque
      First, a brief confession.  I have had a joetisserie for about a year, and only used it maybe 3 times.  Did a chicken, a turkey, for some reason just a little underwhelmed with the whole process, and then all the extra cleaning up.  Until today...
          Had a small pork loin in the freezer from my BIL's pig.  Watching John Setzlers video on spinning a pork loin, plus a recent post on the Facebook group made me decide to dig the Joetisserie out again.  Injected it with applesauce/apple juice mixture, slathered in mustard and coated with my wife's cajun spice rub.  After about an hour and 15 minutes of spinning at 325 degrees, we pulled it off and left rest for 10 minutes.  My wife thought I was going to break into tears with my first bite.  Words fail me to describe it.  The subtle flame kissed outside, the juicy inside, so soft you could cut it with a fork!  You can't buy food this good at a restaurant (at least not a restaurant I can afford).  Thanks again John for your excellent video.

• By St1brew
      Butt on for about 15.5 hours overnight smoked over pecan. Put loin on this morning for 3.5 hours. Had to put more charcoal on about 12 hours. Loin was a bit dry, butt was awesome and moist with an awesome crust. Overall, pretty happy with the first smoke on the vision. Also learned a lot about "marathon" smoking and fine tuning temp adjustments. Temp got to 300 once or twice, takes a while to get back to 250....

• By daninpd
      I went with a pineapple glazed pork tenderloin cooked to135 and served with a plate of grilled pineapple, watermelon, mango, strawberry and kiwi with a dressing for my salad.  The salad challenge is tough because salad is a rare bird for dinner in my house.  We do egg and tuna salads for different purposes, but generally they wind up in sandwiches or deviled eggs, not the star of the show.  This was a fun challenge because I made two stabs at it and didn't post results because of epic fails.  This cook was good.  Brined a pork tenderloin in a brine of:
      2 cans pineapple coconut nectar
      juice of 2 limes
      2" sprig rosemary
      1/4 c kosher salt

Brined 4 hours, dried with paper towels and seasoned with Chupacabra Cajun seasoning.

Then made a pineapple glaze for the pork tenderloin:
      1/2  cup pineapple preservers
      2 T honey
      1 T Soy sauce
      1 T minced ginger
      2 minced garlic cloves
      the sprig of rosemary from the brine

Cook all of that until you're happy you have a glaze.

Dressing for fruit salad:
      juice from 2 limes
      honey
      1/4 t cayenne
      salt

The grilled fruit was watermelon. pineapple, kiwi, strawberries, pineapple and mango.

It was a fun cook .

• By SmokinSteveBBQ
      You never know what Ole SmokinSteve is going to come up with next so be sure to Subscribe and leave comments. Thanks for watching...... Smoke On .... it’s all Good!