Greetings From NC Foothills

AbovePar

Just a quick intro:

I saw my first Akorn at Lowes a little over two years ago I believe and started researching if I should take the plunge.  I quickly found this forum and John's Man Cave Meals videos, which gave me all the encouragement I needed.  I cut my smoking teeth by using a red electric Brinkman which I used for probably 10 years.  I love the upgrade to the Akorn and wish to thank all the contributors to this forum where I have been lurking since I found it.

I just purchased a new Akorn for my 26 year old son for a house warming gift as he just bought his first house a month ago. I'm looking forward to passing my little knowledge on but have already told him to start out by browsing around here.

:good:

Just a quick intro:

I saw my first Akorn at Lowes a little over two years ago I believe and started researching if I should take the plunge.  I quickly found this forum and John's Man Cave Meals videos, which gave me all the encouragement I needed.  I cut my smoking teeth by using a red electric Brinkman which I used for probably 10 years.  I love the upgrade to the Akorn and wish to thank all the contributors to this forum where I have been lurking since I found it.

I just purchased a new Akorn for my 26 year old son for a house warming gift as he just bought his first house a month ago. I'm looking forward to passing my little knowledge on but have already told him to start out by browsing around here.

:good:

Greetings and welcome from up the road in Valdese :)

Welcome!

I was just down in TN, NC and VA last week riding the Blue Ridge Parkway on my motorcycle. Also rode The Tail of the Dragon on route 129 to Deals Gap, NC. We did 1800 miles in 4 days. What a spectacular place you have down there. On the list for a return some day. The Smoky Mountains are a must see for folks that haven't been there.