New Kamado Guy - Western Canada

Oilcruzer

Hi - nice work on the site.  Great cooking tips.

(Kudos to John Setzler... amazing work there :worship: )...  

Site has a good culture.  Well done!

I've a couple ideas to pass along over time.

So ya, we ride sport touring motorcycling (maybe a bit too fast? ;) ), work and live in Alberta and BC, bone in prime rib / prime rib steak are specialties as are smoked pastrami (but I sold the Bradley last week so I'm both feet in to get it right on this unit.)

We travel a fair bit when we can.  Here's a shot from last year,  

When not working, cooking, with family, we travel / motorcycle, or spend time reeling in Salmon, or taking in NHL, LFC (for those who know), 'Hawks, and open wheel racing (RIP Justin).

After a long quest, I'm convinced that nothing beats a Stiegl now. 

post-9841-0-57786100-1440475620_thumb.jp

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By spinninggriller
      Hello Everyone,
      I am from US and I am the owner of Spinninggriller offers the commercial stainless steel shawarma machines, pita ovens and hummus machines at the best price. We have all types of Products like Shawarma Machines, Pita Ovens, Hummus Machines, Saj Bread Machines, Dough Mixers, Char Broilers, Dough Divider and Rouder, Grills, Charcoal Kebab Grill, Meat Slicers, Shawarma Machine Accessories, Shawarma Machine Knife, Gas Ranges, Falafel Makers.
    • By Antonio
      I am looking to buy a Kamado Grill/Smoker I am looking for advice from people that have actually purchased and used one. I am also looking to buy one reasonably priced, Best Bang for the Buck.  I really like the Kamado Joe but they are definitely a bit pricey. So all advice from experienced Kamado buyers and users are appreciated  

Thank you
      Anthony
    • By Marbque
      Wife decided she wanted some ribs yesterday but we were pressed with time with all of the rearranging going on in the yard. Managed to finish these in just under 2 hours. Of course wife deep fried a few.

• By T Mac
      I haven't seen anything posted on this... Does anyone have issues with creosote build up on their daisy wheel, at the top of their Joe?  Lately I have to take the whole assembly off and run it under hot water, just to open up the vent and to turn the wheel.  Next smoke, completely frozen from creosote and I have to take it off again, and again.  Any suggestions would be fantastic!
    • By CentralTexBBQ
      Nothing puts me in mind of fall quite like chili. Though I admit that none of my friends would ever define this as chili as it contains beans and a few other things to ease my conscience and qualify as healthy. Started out with 3lbs of ground turkey that I smoked for 3 hours on the Big Joe. Garlic and jalapenõ, cowbell, mexibelle, poblano and bell peppers that I roasted on the Joe after pulling the turkey, black and kidney beans, white onion, carrot, etc. Topped with red onion, yellow bell pepper- most of which I dropped putting the lid one- and extra sharp cheddar. I unfortunately didn't get a pic of anything on the smoker. Had to snap this picked quickly before the couples devoured the pot.