Kamado Joe

New 2016 Top Vent Option

Those are pretty nice. I like the idea of no holes in the top, sort of weather proof. But am curious about how easy it is/will be to fine tune with what appears to be only one adjustment.

The whole thing slides open and closed and has visual markers on it.

zwhH4Zm.jpg

The diameter of the "roof" section looks a little too large to my eye. I get that the wider the roof is the less rain might get into the grill but i think i'd prefer the look if the roof was the same diameter as the main body of the cap.

The larger roof they designed is required.  Where I live the rain does not fall straight down.

I take the point, i'm just not sure the small increase in diameter makes that much difference given the vent hole is already set back and a few drops of rain really shouldn't be an issue. 

Wow Bobby, I might just hold my horses on buying another kamado until this new joe comes out, it looks to be top notch.

Decisions Decisions.

I like the smooth top also and if you add another tab that would be awesome.

I like it! Picking up on several of the comments though, I'd like to see at least 2 tabs on the top to assist moving the top around if it gets stiff. And if you can achieve the same airflow with the new top fully opened as you would with the daisy wheel open to one side on the current model, then I think you have a winner. A stainless steel option would also be nice, for those of us who subscribe to the "Pimp my Kamado Joe" school!

Finally, if you could replicate this for the Joe Jr, you will become legend! Thanks for asking for feedback. This is a nice way to do business!

Here is the latest design with the top on.  Been testing for quite a while.  There is no issues with the Aluminum melting.  You can totally remove the cap if you want to achieve temps in excess of 800F.

Here is the latest design with the top on.  Been testing for quite a while.  There is no issues with the Aluminum melting.  You can totally remove the cap if you want to achieve temps in excess of 800F.

it certainly beats the piece of aluminum foil I have been using!

Will this allow for the top/cap to come off to allow it to go full blast similar to having the slider fully open?

More of a curiosity as I'm sure the vent fully open allows for more than enough airflow.