sideways pictures??? help

Bamaspot

All my pictures are sideways on the forum.

After my first post, someone suggested lowering the quality and then posting.

I've been using my iphone4s to take the pics and then reduce the size in an email and then resave to the phone...hope that made some sense???

That seemed to work and my pictures have been oriented correctly on the mobile site which I mainly use.

I just signed in to the desk top site though and see that those pictures are sideways as well. :idea:

post-9371-0-68057300-1442870289.jpg

****maybe I figured something out but it took several steps....advice still welcome.

I can't seem to get any pics to post from my phone. So I copy them to my computer and upload through the normal desktop version of the site.

I find that they'll upload in whatever orientation Windows has them at. So if Windows shows the thumbnail sideways, I have to right-click on it and select "rotate" to get into the correct orientation.

I found that the iPhone auto rotated the photo, but that information is lost on upload. When I get a new phone I have to take a picture with each side "down". Upload the pictures and you will see one orientation works every time.

Hint: the iPhone 5 and 6 have opposite "home positions"

• 6 months later...