CharlieB_DE

Saffire pictures

...So there are as mentioned 3 levels and 3 sizes of Saffire...

the 19" and the XL 23" and new next year the 15"....

they come in two different colours, Jasper Red, Onyx Black....next year there is a special edition the Blue Platinum....which is a great colour

the bronze edition is where all metal parts are galvanised and then powder coated black - not just powder coated like some others

the silver edition is where all parts are 304 stainless but with a 202 cart and bamboo side shelves

platinum edition is all metal 304 plus cart plus side shelves in 304 but is the blue colour grill

a customer can order the silver and upgrade to the full 304

new also the stainless handles which are really great...so much I had to get one for my XL....

the stainless side shelves, stainless casters/wheels and stainless handle can all be ordered seperately to upgrade any existing grills...

post-3592-0-24935500-1443175544_thumb.jp

post-3592-0-75195500-1443175547_thumb.jp

here are some pictures of the XL 23" hinge system....it is sooo heavy duty...makes light work of the lid lifting and I guess I could tighten it so that it almost soft closes when let go....but I am too chicken to do it and rely on it ;)

post-3592-0-76082500-1443175633_thumb.jp

post-3592-0-44335200-1443175655_thumb.jp

post-3592-0-20996300-1443175674_thumb.jp

post-3592-0-19433500-1443175688_thumb.jp

post-3592-0-91423100-1443175783_thumb.jp

more pictures of the diff parts....

post-3592-0-97799000-1443175872_thumb.jp

post-3592-0-05365400-1443175933.jpg

post-3592-0-05968500-1443175934.jpg

post-3592-0-95821200-1443175934.jpg

post-3592-0-00240900-1443175936.jpg

post-3592-0-53806100-1443175937.jpg

post-3592-0-53493500-1443175938.jpg

post-3592-0-14563800-1443176064_thumb.jp

post-3592-0-67506900-1443176079_thumb.jp

post-3592-0-61530400-1443176091_thumb.jp

post-3592-0-63169100-1443176107_thumb.jp

post-3592-0-05443700-1443176148_thumb.jp

post-3592-0-47453300-1443176162_thumb.jp

post-3592-0-02557300-1443176180_thumb.jp

post-3592-0-17660300-1443176191_thumb.jp

...if you need any more inof or have questions just let me know...there is a sales guy from saffire (JohnG) who is also now on Guru site you can contact him directly....I am just an enthusiastic user who knows the owners well....

post-3592-0-81848300-1443176124_thumb.jp

...So there are as mentioned 3 levels and 3 sizes of Saffire...

the 19" and the XL 23" and new next year the 15"....

they come in two different colours, Jasper Red, Onyx Black....next year there is a special edition the Blue Platinum....which is a great colour

the bronze edition is where all metal parts are galvanised and then powder coated black - not just powder coated like some others

the silver edition is where all parts are 304 stainless but with a 202 cart and bamboo side shelves

platinum edition is all metal 304 plus cart plus side shelves in 304 but is the blue colour grill

a customer can order the silver and upgrade to the full 304

new also the stainless handles which are really great...so much I had to get one for my XL....

the stainless side shelves, stainless casters/wheels and stainless handle can all be ordered seperately to upgrade any existing grills...

attachicon.gifsaff1.jpg

attachicon.gifsaff2.jpg

here are some pictures of the XL 23" hinge system....it is sooo heavy duty...makes light work of the lid lifting and I guess I could tighten it so that it almost soft closes when let go....but I am too chicken to do it and rely on it ;)

attachicon.gif032.JPG

attachicon.gif033.JPG

attachicon.gif034.JPG

attachicon.gif035.JPG

attachicon.gif008.JPG

more pictures of the diff parts....

attachicon.gif011.JPG

attachicon.gif070.JPG

attachicon.gif072.JPG

attachicon.gif075.JPG

attachicon.gif076.JPG

attachicon.gif077.JPG

attachicon.gif081.JPG

attachicon.gif153.JPG

attachicon.gif154.JPG

attachicon.gif193.JPG

attachicon.gif262.JPG

attachicon.gif265.JPG

attachicon.gif283.JPG

attachicon.gif284.JPG

attachicon.gif286.JPG

...if you need any more inof or have questions just let me know...there is a sales guy from saffire (JohnG) who is also now on Guru site you can contact him directly....I am just an enthusiastic user who knows the owners well....

....and of course firebox divider that I havent yet got my hands on...

Looks like a pretty sweet grill. What is the port in the side and the wand for? I've never seen that before.

that the chip feeder...lets you add smoke chips and chunks w/o taking the grill apart or smoking yourself adding them and putting all the deflector and stuff back in....

plus adding any extra coal at any stage...and the best I found after you have dished up a pizza and added another the escaped heat you can get back in 2 seconds by feeding small wood chips inot the running fire to stoke up the heat again for teh next pizza.....

it really is so cool, I cant believe that no-one else has got anything similar...despite many saying not needed I can say I woudl miss it so much if I didnt have it....

Looks like a pretty sweet grill. What is the port in the side and the wand for? I've never seen that before.

that the chip feeder...lets you add smoke chips and chunks w/o taking the grill apart or smoking yourself adding them and putting all the deflector and stuff back in....

plus adding any extra coal at any stage...and the best I found after you have dished up a pizza and added another the escaped heat you can get back in 2 seconds by feeding small wood chips inot the running fire to stoke up the heat again for teh next pizza.....

it really is so cool, I cant believe that no-one else has got anything similar...despite many saying not needed I can say I woudl miss it so much if I didnt have it....

...is a big beast...the body and lid are bigger than the big Joe...I had them side by side at the exhibition....the enlarged lid allows you to fit so much in....

post-3592-0-02293100-1443179412_thumb.jp

Saffires have been around for a while. I have seen them over the years at BBQ shows and they are a decent looking kamado. Saffire's V-Rack and Expander is almost identical to the original Kamado Joe's set-up before their Divide & Conquer upgrade;

post-3565-0-53304800-1449251298_thumb.jp

I am not big on the "chip feeder port" as (1) I don't like using chips, and (2) I never have to add wood chunks during a cook. That feature reminds me a lot like the hinge rack on the cooking grate that Kamado Joe use to feature. It looks good in the show room, but nobody ever used it. 

You can buy Saffires off of Amazon. 

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Class-Saffire-Model-Grill/dp/B00YT4IKZ0/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1449250952&sr=8-2&keywords=saffire+grill

http://www.amazon.com/Silver-Class-Saffire-Model-Grill/dp/B00YT4IHEE/ref=pd_sim_sbs_86_1?ie=UTF8&dpID=41DnzEvki-L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=1KQ71XD4RJBX3YJ5DTR9