pesto3

What everyone's favorite meat thermometer

I have been using et 85 for 10 or 12 years if I am thinking clear. I have only lost one probe and it was clearly my fault. I have a Ivation branded et 732 that I use and a Mav et 732 in the box if I need it. They can't be beat for the money. I also use a thermoworks thermapen and a thermopop. Hands down both of these are top notch instant reads. When thermoworks gets off of the bluetooth and goes long range that is what I will be using.--Ken

I have been using et 85 for 10 or 12 years if I am thinking clear. I have only lost one probe and it was clearly my fault. I have a Ivation branded et 732 that I use and a Mav et 732 in the box if I need it. They can't be beat for the money. I also use a thermoworks thermapen and a thermopop. Hands down both of these are top notch instant reads. When thermoworks gets off of the bluetooth and goes long range that is what I will be using.--Ken

Yeah I'm definitely going to get the ET-733.

I personally don't think the 733 is worth the extra money. I have never forgoten what kind of meat I have on the grill or what temp it needs to be pulled at.

I personally don't think the 733 is worth the extra money. I have never forgoten what kind of meat I have on the grill or what temp it needs to be pulled at.
I didn't realize there was much of a difference in price? I thought this was just the later model?

I wasn't thinking clearly. The older unit I have is an et 73.

I didn't realize there was much of a difference in price? I thought this was just the later model?

It is only about 10 bucks now, it use to be more. From what I see the extra screen space is taken up by meat type. They are nice no doubt but I would rather spend my money on two 732. Some of the guys on some bbq forums talk about how they like the simplicity of the 732 over the 733. Personally I like to cook meat and stuff when I grill out and leave the instructions  in the office. Put it this way, if you take care of the probes they will last , if I want two meat probes I use two units and I still have grate temp ability. If I were to use both probes for meat on a single unit then I am lost on the grate temp. My grate temp is 30 to 50 degrees higher than my dome temp most cooks. I think grate temp is important to know. So to me , two units is a much more desirable setup. Be it two 732 or 733.

It is only about 10 bucks now, it use to be more. From what I see the extra screen space is taken up by meat type. They are nice no doubt but I would rather spend my money on two 732. Some of the guys on some bbq forums talk about how they like the simplicity of the 732 over the 733. Personally I like to cook meat and stuff when I grill out and leave the instructions  in the office. Put it this way, if you take care of the probes they will last , if I want two meat probes I use two units and I still have grate temp ability. If I were to use both probes for meat on a single unit then I am lost on the grate temp. My grate temp is 30 to 50 degrees higher than my dome temp most cooks. I think grate temp is important to know. So to me , two units is a much more desirable setup. Be it two 732 or 733.

The biggest difference that made me go with the 733 was the probes.  With the 733 you get 2 probes that work for meat or BBQ and the 732 gives you 1 meat, 1 BBQ.  The difference being one tip is sharp (meat) and one is blunt (BBQ).  There are some nice programmed features with the 733 vs 732 but for me the probe was the clincher.  Double check the probes to make sure that's the case on the 732 you may be looking at.

I think that you're going to like it on the long cooks