Chicago-Style Italian Beef Sandwiches

BEER-N-BBQ by Larry

If you use round roast, be sure to have a slicer on hand and chill the final product before slicing it in order to get thin slices and simmer them in the juice for a while.

Of course, this will add to the total prep time. This is why I use chuck roast.

• 1 year later...
11 hours ago, BEER-N-BBQ by Larry said:

Depending on the heat of the peppers you throw in, it may not be needed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I agree about the heat but it's something that I have grown to expect. Giardiniera is probably difficult to find outside of the Chicago area.

I agree about the heat but it's something that I have grown to expect. Giardiniera is probably difficult to find outside of the Chicago area.

I wouldn't know. I've lived in the Chicago area my whole life. I can always find it. Got a Buona Beef brand jar in my fridge right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

This recipe makes the most awesomely wonderful sandwiches ever!  Thank you, living WA State, I have never heard of Italian Beef.  I have no access to giardiniera so I made my beef with a blend of anaheim, serano and jalapeno peppers.  Thank you for posting a sharing.  Heading back to Costco to make another batch in the morning.  Thanks again. 

12 hours ago, alans38 said:

This recipe makes the most awesomely wonderful sandwiches ever!  Thank you, living WA State, I have never heard of Italian Beef.  I have no access to giardiniera so I made my beef with a blend of anaheim, serano and jalapeno peppers.  Thank you for posting a sharing.  Heading back to Costco to make another batch in the morning.  Thanks again. 

Thanks for the feedback.  I think I'm due to make another batch soon.  Anaheims, serrano, and jalapenos sound like a great combo.