• Similar Content

• By jhford12344
      Just purchased a new Kamado Joe Classic II from Atlanta Grill Company. I am coming into this with essentially no experiencing smoking and using charcoal... so any and all advice is appreciated. 

I have been looking at Kamado Joe covers and the ones from KJ are pretty pricey. Any recommendations for a cover that won't break the bank would be great. 

Thank you

• By Daz
      Have been busy with my other toy projects so the pellet Akorn has been cold for a while. Today kids want to eat pizza so I fired up the pellets akorn. It heats up to 500+ degrees in less than 10 min and the pizza was perfect. I fitted a WiFi PID controller and was going to tweak the algorithm but...too many projects! 
      Right now the temperature overshoots 50-80 degrees if set below 300 degrees, but gets better as it goes higher. 
      Anyway here is the pizza and the good looking grill haha.

• By Chap Swinson
      Bbqube temperature controller.  Like new.  Used once or twice.  $80 plus cost of shipping.  PM if interested.  South Carolina.  

• By Tarnation
      Dumped in the last of my Cowboy lump for a Saturday night pork butt. If you've seen any of the negative comments on Cowboy I didn't have any problems with the bag I had.  It was definitely a lot smokier start than my old KJ Big Block, but produced good food. See you smoke Cowboy! Up next is a bag of RO XL cut should be fun.  For now I've got a pork butt to cook.

• By JeffieBoy
      My daughter grabbed up some fresh, wild Sockeye filets at Costco a few weeks ago.  She dropped them into our freezer since she didn't have room in hers.  Yesterday, she asked us to pull two out to defrost for a dinner.  They were just around a pound each. They sat in the sink for three hours at which point she called and advised that she cancelled dinner due to a sudden stomach ailment.  We put them into the fridge then decided today that we should cook them up to prevent spoilage.  This afternoon, I made a brown sugar and kosher salt brine and soaked the fillets for just under two hours.

i fired up the Akorn to about 169 degrees, added some apple chunks and alder chips to supplement and then tossed the fish on.  They have been in the Akorn for about an hour now and I think I am going to go for about three more hours before pulling them off.  The Akorn has been holding steady now at 168-170 degrees F and that has surprised me.  I seriously thought that I couldn't get it to hold that low.  First time doing fish on the Akorn At a temperature this low, so any suggestions are appreciated!

More photos to follow as we finish up.