1. JeffieBoy

JeffieBoy

2. wallawu

wallawu

• Similar Content

• By pittmab
      Having jumped the gun and already commented on a few posts, I thought I best say hello!
    • By Tom_V
      First cook on Joetissorie on the Akorn, and yes it fits perfect! I used a combination rub of KC's and Dinasour BBQ Cajun Foreplay. (Dinasour BBQ is the BEST BBQ restaurant in NY State) I also made a paste with same ingredients and rubbed under breast skin and inside cavity. Akorn running at 400-425 deg. Amazing flavor!

• By Cranky1
      Hi all,
      Just got an Akorn 16820 and mother nature decided to go all cool and wet on me. Looking forward to trying this thing out.
    • By Millerb7
      So I have myself an Akorn for about 4 years. Through a couple moves while building a new house, it was pretty neglected... sat outside, uncovered through winter, rain, etc. Needless to say due to the metal build, it rusted something bad. I ended up getting rid of it and decided I'd see what the Weber Kettle hype was all about. I picked myself up Kettle Master Touch.......... wow...

I freaking hated it. Was horrible to keep temps. Took forever to get up to temp. Was terrible to use with lump (as it fell through the grates)... just a bad overall experience. Cooked on it about 4 times then sold it. Now... I live in a VERY windy area. Like 10-15 mph winds almost constantly.... so I'm sure that played a part... but it was no enjoyable.

I decided to pick myself up a new Kamado Joe Classic from Lowes for $650..... I'm in love.
    • By icegrill
      I have been a long time member here, I started my Kamado 4 years ago on a BJ special Brinkman, now out of business. Well my firebox cracked as did my place setter, but that thing taught me a lot about cooking on a Kamado and ensuring how to seal it up and overcome that models challenges. 

Well today I join the Egghead club in a big way with the BGE XL. I am super stoked to get grilling on my new baby.