The Kamado Joe Project

bmichael75

Sweet! The guard on mine helps arrest sparks, somewhat, but is pretty limited on protecting fingers. Yep, I've put a couple-three good- sized welts on my hands/thumbs over the years. Your supervising, and ya got eye protection on him so I'm going to spare you the OSHA Safety Police scolding and say great job getting your kid involved in the project, something he'll remember for always.

Didn't get too much done this weekend.  Wife had other plans for my time!!  I am going to acid stain the concrete with a black acid and then seal it with a lithium water based penetrating sealer.  Then the plan is to polish it out to a few thousand grit and let it shine.  Hopefully I will have time to finish grinding it down this week.  As far as cost, I am not even sure.  I am afraid to add it up!!  If I had to guess, it wouldn't be too much, probably less than $400.  But that is a total guess!  You know the saying....Ignorance is Bliss!!

• 2 weeks later...