Surprising Number Of Drunk Vegetarians Secretly Eat Meat

WhoDat

Ha!  Lord knows I've witnessed this phenomenon, quite a few times, while traveling for work. 

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/vegetarians-eat-meat-drunk-survey_56167f34e4b0e66ad4c69f50

Surprising Number Of Drunk Vegetarians Secretly Eat Meat

They relapse and go on the lamb.

Vegetarians are going to have a cow over this. Oh, wait, they already are.

A new survey says more than a third of vegetarians eat meat when they've had too much to drink. What's more, they're sneaky about it, with 69 percent saying they don't fess up.

The study of 1,789 British vegetarians by the deal-offering service VoucherCodesPro revealed a few other morsels worth fleshing out:

More than a third also revealed they go beast mode every time on a drunk night out. Kebab was the most popular relapse of choice (remember, this is the UK), followed by burgers, bacon, fried chicken and sausages, according to the Telegraph.

561682b21400002b003c7c4c.jpegSMABS SPUTZER/FLICKR

"I know a few 'vegetarians' who sometimes crave meat, but it seems that a few are giving into their cravings when drunk," Voucher Codes Pro founder George Charles said in outlets. "I think it's important for friends of these 'vegetarians' to support them when drunk and urge them not to eat meat as I'm sure they regret it the next day."

Acccording to a study by the Humane Research Council, many American vegetarians are bad to the bone as well: around 84 percent stray from a strict vegetarian diet.

Those who would like to adhere to a strict vegetarian diet should adopt it gradually, nutritionist Lisa Young told the New York Daily News. “If you start by eating smaller portions of pork or chicken, then cutting out all meat and dairy for a month, you can get a better feel for it,” she said.

I used to work with a guy who was a local vegan. He wouldn't even eat stuff that was grown form more than 50 miles form where he lived. This was, I believe, primarily driven by his wife.

Every time we were on the road, he'd tie one on and insist on getting a full rack of ribs. He said always felt like poop the next day, but you just had to see the joy in his face when he devoured this baby backs!  

I have a friend who "hasn't had meat in almost 30 years," who I have watched drunkenly order breakfast specials at diners with extra bacon. He denies it every time.