Awesome Drip Pan

ckreef

It is really kewl - Dennis took a request from one customer about an accessory for his lowest selling unit. Within a reasonable amount of time he designed, built, and shiped that accessory without saying a word.

Earlier today I made a post on the KK forum. Here is part of my post - I will quote myself:

"Dennis has a great group of very talented craftsman who obviously take pride in the work they do. You can see that in the welds, laying of the tiles, custom cutting tiles to fill the little gaps, the grout work, etc... - their skill and the pride in their work is evident in everything KK .

In this day and age where most everything you buy is mass produced by the lowest paid worker a company could hire it is nice to own something where craftsmanship and pride shines through. A lost art these days. "

@smoker08 - you know a lot and your a good spokesman - the time is drawing near - LOL

Thanks ckreef, I may not be able to afford one now, but I love to live vicariously through each and every one of you folks that are able to get one of these gems. I love to help folks out, and if all I can do is part the knowledge that so many wise folks here have imparted to me, I'm more than glad to pass the knowledge on.

That almost looks too nice to use... almost. B)

You are right - almost.

I think we will try it out tonight and do a meatloaf on the grill. It's so Purdy I'll probably have to line it in foil for the first few uses but I'm sure that won't last long - LOL

That is awesome; it's nice to see someone so focused on taking care of his customers, even after the transaction has been completed. If I had that kind of cash on hand I wouldn't think twice about calling Dennis up and getting a Komodo Kamado, I know I'd never regret the purchase and it would last a few lifetimes.

Ya know, I got two absolutely gorgeous drip pans with both my KKs, and they will never see the inside of my KKs again! I use cheap formed disposable aluminum steam table trays for my drip pans inside Beauty! and TheBeast. I actually use the KK drip pans as serving trays! Nobody knows the difference! :lol:

looks awesome!!!

Did you're 16 come with a deflector?? I am just curious what comes standard with it.... you know what comes next with me right??

A 16 inch?
My KK is there smallest unit at 16.5" grate size.

Ya know, I got two absolutely gorgeous drip pans with both my KKs, and they will never see the inside of my KKs again! I use cheap formed disposable aluminum steam table trays for my drip pans inside Beauty! and TheBeast. I actually use the KK drip pans as serving trays! Nobody knows the difference! [emoji38]

I too have the round SS serving tray type drip pan. This new one is a workhorse. It doubles as a drip pan/diffuser.

looks awesome!!!

Did you're 16 come with a deflector?? I am just curious what comes standard with it.... you know what comes next with me right??

It comes standard with a round SS serving tray type drip pan.

Also comes standard with a grill shaped refractory cement diffuser that weighs in at a whopping 9.35 lbs. I will use the standard diffuser for baking items, lasagna, cakes, breads etc..

Dennis informed me today that the new drip pan/diffuser is actually a double bottomed drip pan. The bottom of the drip pan is 2 sheets of SS separated by a layer of air. This should help keep the drippings from burning. (Like a air bake cookie sheet.) This just keeps getting better. This will be used for anything that drips, Boston butt, brisket, chicken and lets say..... Meatloaf (see pic below)

Both of these sit directly on the the top lump basket handles and really covers all bases for diffusing.

Wanted to try out the new drip pan last night so Mrs skreef whipped up a small, quick meatloaf.

4d2024fad2a0db95377c164e8c20f93f.jpg

Looks like Dennis really goes the extra mile in thinking about how he would use the stuff he makes, drip pans can easily burn any drippings when placed right over a hot fire. Using a double wall bottom helps insulate the top sheet a little helping reduce the chances of burning those beautiful drippings that can be so nice in a gravy or sauce.

Maybe one of these years I can be awaiting my very own KK. Customer Service of this caliber is a dying art. You can tell Dennis really loves what he is doing and puts a lot of love into each of the products he puts out.