No T or B Chili

A-dog

I and my stepson tried some chili at a place called the Dinner the other day. This place has appeared on Food Network a few times.
  They have a championship chili that they sell they claim has won two chili cook offs. Its good stuff, but was not what I expected.  
  It really made me think of taco filling. Somewhat dry and very flavorful. I had to wrap my mind around this for a while, and the
  next day I set out to make the best chili I've ever made.
  The following recipe is a sort of  traditional Texas Red chili that I've made now about four times, its simple, easy to prepare.

I think you'll agree this recipe is a keeper.

Red Chili:
1 lb ground beef or course ground beef
6 to 8 dried chillies - 2oz ( I like pasilla and guajillo )
1 onion
3 cloves of garlic
2 to 4 small jalapeño peppers
1 1/3 cup full body beer
1 cup beef broth
1 tablespoon masa ( corn flour )
½ ~ 1 teaspoon coriander
1 ~ 2 teaspoons comino
1 ~ 2 teaspoons Mexican oregano
1 package of Goya Sazon
1 chili chipotle
½ teaspoon adobo sauce
salt to taste

How I begin is to cut into each of the chillies and place them in hot water to soak. I'll soak th;em for 15 to 45 minutes.
Meanwhile, I will brown the meat in a pot ( I do not add any oil to the pot ). I then place the meat in a colander and catch all
  the fatty broth in a bowl.
I slice and chop the onion, garlic and jalapeños and place them in the pot with about 2 tablespoons of the fatty broth and sweat
  them down for about 6 to 8 minutes.
Once that is done I place the onion, garlic and jalapeños in a  blender along with 1 cup of beef broth and 1 cup of beer. To this
  I add the re-hydrated chillies to the blender after they have the stems and seeds removed. Blend for at least 1 minute.
Add 1 or 1 ½ tablespoons of the fatty broth and 1 tablespoon of masa ( corn flour ) to the pot and t;urn the burner up to about 1/3
of the dial. This is to make a rue.
Next put the ground beef back in the pot and mix with the rue.
Begin adding your red sauce now at 1/3 cup increments and mix. After 2/3 cup of sauce you'll have a nice coating all over the meat.
This is still a bit dry for me and I will add another 1/3 cup of red sauce. Its your choice how much red sauce to add, I like 4/3
  cups with ground beef but 3/3 cups works well with coarse ground. When I tried this recipe with 2 lbs of smoked chuck roast 3/3
  cups worked well also.  
Once you've established your red sauce requirements its time to add the other seasons. Add ½ teaspoon of salt, ½ teaspoon coriander,
  1 teaspoon cumino , 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano and 1 package of Goya Sazon. Mix well then add 1 chipotle and ½ teaspoon of the adobo.  
At this point I want a little more broth so I add 1/3 cup of the remaining beer to the pot and bring to a boil. Once you've reached
  a boil turn down the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes.