• Similar Content

• By uhmump95
      I just got a 26 inch Weber kettle  for Father's day.  Since I have been using my Kamado for the last year, I love using lump charcoal.  Is there any benefit to using lump in a kettle?  I read an article on the Weber site and it said lump cooks fast on a kettle grill.  Hopefully my peeps here can give me some insight.  

Lump charcoal use on kettle please give me your thoughts.
    • By Magnus Allgurén
      I decided to try ordering from this company called Smokinlicious Gourmet Smoking Wood, from Buffalo. It's convenient for me as I'm in Canada that they offer both an American website and a Canadian website. 
      Anywho, I once ordered Alder wood from Amazon US, as it's fairly hard to find companies selling Alder wood for smoking in Canada. The customer service that I experienced from this company is almost unheard of. Questions(by email) were answered in minutes, over long weekends and late nights. 

This wood was offered in 30lbs or 15lbs packages so I ordered the 15lbs, as I am trying it out. 

15lbs, cost me $31 CAD, shipping included. So no where near as expensive as the wood I ordered thru Amazon (5lbs/$40US).

Now after all this, the wood has a great aroma as does its smoke and it smokes for a long time. Chunks are the size of appr 2"x2x4",so a fairly nice size. 

I will definitely order from this company again. They offer lots of different kinds of wood. 

Thanks for reading!! 

http://www.smokinlicious.ca
      http://www.smokinlicious.com

• By CentralTexBBQ
      So after the flu kicked my behind for about a week and getting caught up at work and a bought of sheer laziness, I got back on the Big Joe when the men came over Saturday. First, I was surprised by the amount of lump left over from my brisket cook a few weeks ago. For me at least, this pic blows a hole in the idea that colder temps burn a lot more lump. In about 9° and after 13 hours, this is the amount of lump left over.

Forgot to get a pic on the Big Joe, but I did hash browned potatoes in a CI skillet, jalapeno and cheddar scrambled eggs and my favorite kielbasa. The giant Texas sized biscuit was done in the oven.

Currently on the smoker is a spatchcocked hen with roasted veggies in my D.O. and basting with herb infused water and avacado oil

• By CentralTexBBQ
      Came accross this today. Probably old news but, new to me.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kamado-Joe-Big-Block-XL-Lump-Charcoal-KJ-CHARBOX/303973185

• By EZ smoke
      I know Cowboy Lump gets mixed reviews but for $0.50/lb shipped to my door I'm probably going to give it a shot.

Cowboy® 20 lb Hardwood Lump Charcoal $9.78

Order 4 bags and they'll ship for free.

I've used a lot of RO but haven't been able to find any decent deals around me in the past 6 months. I've been using El Diablo lately and AFAIC it is decent stuff. Local walmart stores have had 40# bags for $15 but it has started to be hard to find.