19714484352_6085e67ebb_c.jpg

Ingredients:

1 cup rice

1/2 cup of frozen 3 or 4 veggie blend

1/2 onion cut into eights

1/2 cup diced bell pepper (I used yellow but any color works)

1 tbsp. of OO

1 tbsp. of Tapatio hot sauce

1/2 cup of Clamato Picante juice

1 1/2 cups of chicken broth

1 tsp. of salt

Started out by first soaking the rice for 15 minutes in cold water.

19088148923_0dff6bfb5f_z.jpg

I then cut up the onion, bell pepper and got out the 4 veggie blend to add to the rice.

19709085625_bf6d2ef4f9_z.jpg

Sautéed the onions and pepper until they started to sweat.     

19088141633_fda737c2f6_z.jpg

Then added the 4 veggie blend and cooked it for 5 minutes.

19086480744_6873e5a3a1_z.jpg

Now I added the drain rice and cooked this until some of the rice just started to brown. You should hear it starting to crack.

19086477704_881d949b67_z.jpg

I then added this to my rice cooker that had 1 tbsp. of OO, 1 tbsp. of Tapatio hot sauce, 1/2 cup of Clamato Picante juice, 1 1/2 cups of chicken broth and 1 tsp. of salt waiting for it.

19522431489_4eca867503_z.jpg

Here are the results.

19701893292_943db3a4c3_z.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DerHusker
      I’ve made this pizza at least 10 times as it is my favorite. This morning I made up some pizza dough.

Around 3:00 I prepped my kamado for pizza and lite it up to preheat. Around 3:30 I brought out my dough and all my ingredients.

I applied a thin layer of BBQ sauce and some red onion.

Then some red bell pepper and cilantro.

Then some chicken breast I’d mixed up with some BBQ sauce

and finally, the cheese.

Placed it on the pizza stone in the kamado for approximately 8 minutes at 400 degrees.

Here’s the result.

As always, it was delicious.

Thanks for looking

• By DerHusker
      Since my Husker Game was finally on in the evening we had a watch party at our house. I wanted something we could eat while watching the game, so I decided on Runzas (AKA Bierocks) and corn on the cob. (Both of which are Nebraska staples) I followed Cowgirl’s recipe with a few changes this time.

This time I subbed out a 1 lb. chub of Jimmy Deans regular sausage for one 1 lb. of hamburger. I also tripled the amount of garlic. Both tweaks really added to the flavor and I’ll be doing so on all future batches.

Here’s a link to a thread of my first attempt making these where the original recipe can be found.

https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/23518-dutch-oven-bierocks-or-runzas-or-whatever-you-want-to-call-them/

Started out making up the dough.

Prepped all the ingredients and took them all out to my gas side burner.

Sweated the onion and added the hamburger.

After the hamburger was mostly browned I added the salt, pepper and cabbage and cooked until it wilted.

The dough had risen nicely so

rolled it out into a log

and cut it into 8 roughly equal pieces and formed each piece into a ball.

I then rolled each piece into an approximate 7” round and placed 2 giant spoonful’s in the center.

I folded up the edges and pitched them together and placed each into my Dutch Oven that I had already smeared with butter. I repeated this process until it was full. I prepped my kamado for the Dutch Oven and preheated it to 325.

I then closed the lid and let this bake for approximately 35 minutes. And here is the result.

I carefully cut around each one and plated one up with a ear of corn and wash this down with a Pizza Port Brewing Swami’s I.P.A. (IPA not shown)

Yum!

Everyone thought they were delicious and the game results were good as well.

Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      It’s been hot this last week here in Low Cal (Upper 90’s to low 100’s) but today it cooled off, so I grilled a few Cheeseburgers. I started out by cutting 2 russet potatoes up into 1/8th and then tossed in some OO and seasoned with some fresh ground salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and some thyme. I then seasoned the patties with Primo Chicago Stockyard rub. Here they are on the grill ready to be flipped.

Flipped them.

I then removed the patties and toasted the buns. While they were toasting I added some cheddar cheese slices to the patties. Once the buns were done I put the patties back on to melt the cheese.

Here it is plated up with the Steak Fries and a Modelo Especial.  

YUM!

Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      Sent the long weekend off in style with a Double Meat Double Cheese Burger. Fired up Jr. for the patties.

Flipped and removed them when they were done so I could add the cheese.

Toasted the buns.

One more time of the grill to melt the cheese.

Plated this up with some watermelon, potato salad and a Stone Brewing Xocoveza. (Yum!)

After a few bites of this monster.

So good!

Thanks for looking.

• By DerHusker
      For the long weekend we started out being invited over to our neighbor’s house for hamburgers. I was tasked with grilling up some corn.

Once these started getting some golden-brown char marks, I put them in a large rectangular pan and covered them with foil. We took this over with two each, 3 portion plates of fixings. One plate had a stick of butter, salt and black pepper for traditional American style corn of the cob. The other plate had some mayo, Tajin seasoning and come Cotija Cheese for Mexican style street corn. Didn’t feel like I should be taking pictures at their house so that’s all I can share from the 4th.
      Today I grilled up some hamburger patties on my Akorn Jr. for some cheese burgers.

After they were done I removed them and toasted the buns while I added the cheese to the burgers.

One more stop on the grill to melt the cheese.

Here is mine plated up with some potato salad, some watermelon and a Stone Brewing Vanilla Bean Porter.

There nothing quite like enjoying a good cheeseburger on the 4th of July weekend.

Thanks for looking.