Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Due to our flooding we are having some reconstruction done. We figured it was a good time to put in some of the electrical I'll need for my future patio kitchen cabinets.




The bottom outlet will be for a dehumidifier inside the cabinet for my C.I. ware. top outlet is for miscellaneous appliances we may want to plug in. The two switches are for the future under cabinet lighting and some better patio lighting. 


My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives. :)

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I finally got around to putting in the upper cabinets. I just purchased some stock cabinets from Lowes. The first step was to find the studs and draw in some layout lines. Next was to put in a level 1 x 2 to rest the cabinets on.


Notched it for the under-counter electrical.


Next I transferred the measurements and drew a line in the cabinet that would line up with the studs. I then drilled the holes for the screws that would attach the cabinet to the wall.


I then lifted the cabinet up and rested it on the 1 x 2 and transferred the hole locations to the wall.


I drilled out the stucco with a masonry bit and then predrilled the stud for the cabinet screws. I lifted the cabinet back into place and attached it to the walls


and then installed the shelves.


This side is done.


Now onto the larger cabinet side.


I opened the larger double cabinet and thought I would have to take it back due to the doors being uneven.


Luckily there was some adjustment in the hinges that allowed me to correct the misalignment.  I repeated the process used on the single but with two rows of screws.


Almost done.


Now cleaned up and ready to be loaded with miscellaneous patio dining and BBQ stuff.


Thanks for looking.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Similar Content

    • By John Setzler
      Kamado Guru's Mr. Grill World Tour!
      Locations Visited: 12
      States Visited: 9
      Countries Visited: 1
      Miles Traveled: 19,494

      Click to see where Mr. Grill has been!
      Mr. Grill loves Kamado cooking.  He wants to meet you and your grill!  It's been a while since he's been on a vacation so I have decided to put him on the road to visit all the great folks here at Kamado Guru.  If you would like to have Mr. Grill visit your grilling station, please send me a private message with your full name and address and you will be added to the list.  
      How this works:
      1.  When you receive Mr. Grill in the mail, photograph him with you and your grill or just with your grill or with some food you have prepared on your grill or whatever seems appropriate to you.  Be creative with the photo!  
      2, Post your photo along with your Mr. Grill photo story in THIS thread!
      3. Add your name and address to the log book that is included in the package with Mr. Bill.
      4. Re-package Mr. Grill for mailing.
      5.  Contact me via Private Message here on the forum for a new destination address.
      6.  Mail Mr. Grill to the new address!
      Mr. Grill does not like sitting idle very long.  You should make your photograph, post to the forum, and get him back on the road as quickly as possible after you receive him!  I will update this post with Mr. Grill's travel adventures as they happen!
      A "Hitchhiker" is something extra that a recipient might include in the package when he/she ships Mr. Grill to you.  If you find a hitchhiker in your package, you get to keep it!  Good karma insists that you pay it forward with a hitchhiker of your own to the next recipient!
      Let's have some fun!
      Mr. Grill's Travel Log:
      7/14/2014 - Departed Valdese, NC for Tuscon, AZ (1,974 miles) to jackjumper101.
      7/22/2014 - Departed Tuscon, Az for Port Orchard, WA (1,572 miles) to BSA
      7/28/2014 - Departed Port Orchard, WA for Murphy TX (2123 miles) to ske1eter
      8/11/2014 - Arrived at Roswell, GA with karacooks (839 miles)
      8/21/2014 - Arrived at Lebanon, NH with smirak (1147 miles)
      8/30/2014 - Arrived in Wichita, KS with mcohen (1631 miles)
      9/21/2014 - Arrived in Anchorage, AK with pkinetics (3650 miles)
      10/20/2014 - Arrived in Escondido,CA with DerHusker (3723 miles)
      12/01/2014 - Arrived in Valdese, NC with John Setzler (2395 miles)
      12/8/2014 - Arrived in Duluth, GA with John Setzler @ Kamado Joe Offices (220 miles)
      12/11/2014 - Arrived in Valdese, NC with John Setzler (220 miles)

    • By DerHusker
      Wanted a quick cook tonight so I broke out my neglected Akorn Jr. that I haven’t used for a few months. Put a small chimney of lump on the side burner for quick ignition.

      Dumped it into Jr. and put 3 frozen Kirkland patties’ on with some seasoning.

      After approximately 5 minutes they were nice and juicy

      so I flipped them.

      After approximately 4 minutes they were ready for the cheese.

      After cheese had started to melt I toasted the buns.

      Served up with some BBQ tater chips and a Modelo Especial.


      Very tasty.
       Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      To celebrate my new patio cabinets we invited some friends over so I thawed out a 2 1/2" ribeye steak I had in the freezer.

      I unwrapped it and seasoned with Primo Chicago Stockyard steak seasoning.


      I wrapped it up and let it take a 6 hour get happy rest. I now prepped some heirloom carrots

      and sliced them up so they were ready to steam right before we eat.

      Also washed and prepped some small potatoes so they were ready. Around 45 minutes before our guests arrived I started up the kettle. I tried my new Vortex out for this cook.

      Around 30 minutes before our guests arrived I put on the potatoes and the steak.

      It rode right about 330 degrees for the next hour.

      My friend had brought a Belgian Ale with him so we drank a glass of that while the meat and potatoes were cooking. Here it is once the meat alarm went off at 113 degree I.T.

      I remove everything and tented the steak with foil. We then cooked up some shrimp marinated in lemon juice and garlic that our friends had brought.

       I then opened open the vents and let the Vortex go nuclear.

      Once I thought it was like the sun I put the steak on for 60 seconds.

      Flipped it and let it cook another 60 seconds.

      I brought this in the house and let it rest for 10 minutes. I then cut the rib bone off

      and sliced it up into approximately 1/2" slices.

      I now placed the slices onto a wooden cutting board for serving and squeezed some blue cheese and herb compound butter on the top.



      I took this out to the table and we all served up a plate with the lemon garlic shrimp, baked potato and the heirloom carrots.

      So good!

      Thanks for looking.

    • By DerHusker
      If you’ll remember I had Chucky’s brother tied up and on ice. Well I was preparing something to eat when he somehow broke free and was staring me right in the face. 

      Luckily my 8” chef knife was within reach and I was able to slice him from head to toe.

      This slowed him down but he kept coming so I cut him up into approx. 1 ½” pieces.  

      This slowed him down but he kept coming but I so I threw all the pieces into a bowl and threw 1 tbsp. of garlic salt and 1 tbsp. course ground black pepper in his face. This blinded him but he was still defiant and was yelling obscenities at me. Just as I was about to throw all the pieces into the trash can it yelled, “EAT ME”, to me. My anger got the best of me and I did as I was told.

      That color had me thinking, Ooh La La!  Oh that gives me an idea. Let’s try something French so I added a 750 ml bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. Not only does this make him drunk he eventually drowns. I went ahead and let him marinate for 6 hours.

      I quickly assemble more ingredients:
      1 32 oz. carton of beef broth / stock
      5 slices of bacon (Diced)
      2 medium onions. (Diced)
      6 red potatoes. (Diced)
      6 carrots. (Sliced)
      7 celery stalks. (Sliced)
      1 bunch of parsley. (Diced)
      1 package of Pearl Onions (Skinned)
      6 small to medium shallots (Skinned)
      5 cloves of garlic. (Miced)
      2 bay leaves
      3 tbsp. of flour
      1 tsp. of Kitchen Bouquet
      3 shakes (sprinkles) of dried thyme leaves
      3 shakes (sprinkles) of ground all spice
      10 sprigs of fresh thyme

      While what’s left of Chucky marinates, I wash, skin, slice & dice up my veggies.

      I diced 5 slices of bacon and fried this up and saved both the crumbles & bacon fat.

      Remove the pieces onto a paper towel mat to dry. (I cut some of the bigger pieces in half)

      Now I need to brown the pieces so I add some bacon fat to my Dutch Oven and let it get nice and hot. I want a nice sear on all the pieces so I did this in two batches

      After removing the 2nd batch add 2 medium diced onions and let them start to sweat.

      After they start to sweat I add 1 tsp. of butter and 3 tbsps. of flour and stir.

      Let that cook for another minute and then add the wine marinate to deglaze the pan. Stir and let that simmer for 10 minutes.

      After 10 minutes the sauce has thickened nicely so I add some of the others ingredients. Bacon crumbles, garlic, carrots, celery and the beef.

      Now 1 32 oz. carton of beef broth, a couple shakes of dried thyme, a couple shakes of ground all spice, 1 tsp. of Kitchen Bouquet and 10 springs of fresh thyme from my garden. Bring this to a boil.

      Now cover and moved over the indirect side to simmer for 2 hours at 325 degrees.

      After 90 minutes I add the potatoes.

      After 2 hours I brown the shallots.

      And add them and the pearl onions, stir and simmer for another 15 minutes.

      And then add the parsley, stir and simmer for another 15 minutes. (I moved it over to my gasser so I could bake some biscuits)

      Here are the biscuits in the kamado.

      After 5 minutes I removed the lid.

      And it’s done.

      And so are the biscuits.


      Plated shots.

      Chucky will think twice before he shows his face around these parts again because, as before, I was able to prevail in THE END!  
    • By DerHusker
      So I entered a pie contest and wanted to share my entry over here.
      Here are most of the ingredients.

      Made up some graham cracker crust. After smearing my CI pie pan with some butter flavored Crisco I press in the crust.

      Made up a bacon weave and placed it on the kamado.

      Because I couldn’t flip the weave I placed my bacon press on the burner for 10 minutes. After it’s smoking hot I placed it on top of the weave.

      While that cooks I prep my jalapeños.

      On the grill they go for 15 minutes along with the pie crust for 7 minutes at 350.

      After the weave is cooked I place it in the bottom of the pie crust.

      Then the smoked jalapeño rings and the cream cheese pie filling.

      Now the pie goes into the kamado for 40 minutes at 350.

      Here is the result.

      After letting it cool to room temp and then in the fridge I spread on the Raspberry Jalapeño topping.

      And decorate.

      Plated shots.

      And this was my entry photo.