Silverside

Got my self some silverside (corned beef) for those that have not heard of it called that way I love this cut cheap and ever so tasty353e670845b52f1fde4b0671edbb8623.jpgmy mangrove lump cruising alongc5c8226e1e071ae501057f9508f3220b.jpg I have only ever really boiled this before with heaps of added flavours always came out terrific .but I wanted it on my kamado knowing you can roast it I gave this a twist . Put it in a pot off cold water 8efc2f1a7bcdf92a5483ef7ef745b34b.jpgbrought it to the boil and let simmer for an hour to get rid of the saltiness then scored it1649dd93d1b72d60ba89de99a2a5dad1.jpgI had these two ingredientsdb4f71c5bd34013e1a9537e1adef9002.jpg I got the Joe started before the simmer so it had a bit of time to heat soak at around 370 put some onion in my pan540ed3500491e80e75449705c31ca304.jpgthen the silverside and lathered it in the marmalade and poured in the ginger beer851d80f09b7b0f06fc37a8adc44dc7fc.jpg on it goes0cb24245074aa7fc17ff995dd110c19b.jpg after an hour 49923c7d44ffc3023480a6ced193e931.jpg416b6a1d1b23618a856fcdb62ea70bed.jpgmight have got a bit black but made no difference to the taste. Carved up651724f220f69f605da9b57bc5c59bf7.jpg I made up a roll to take for lunch at work45ccb8a3d253e5ed0d9e7a824f5aa9bc.jpgand plated with the onion and juices2da06800b835bddcfc322bce74166348.jpg what can I say this tasted so awesome the flavours of the marmalade and gingerbeer really shined through this will definitely be the only way I cook this bit of meat again until I come up with a new twist lol

Awesome Joe! I have wondered about how a corned beef would go on the Kamadoe! I will have to give this a try! Great cook!

Cheers pesto try it you won't be disappointed it tasted awesome it came out firm not stringy any marmalade would work .boiling it first to get rid of the salt really helped the other flavours shine

Awesome Joe! I have wondered about how a corned beef would go on the Kamadoe! I will have to give this a try! Great cook!

Cheers pesto try it you won't be disappointed it tasted awesome it came out firm not stringy any marmalade would work .boiling it first to get rid of the salt really helped the other flavours shine
Last time I did a corned beef it was WAY too salty. I'm gonna try your method AJ, thanks for posting

Very, very, nice Corn Beef, Joe. Fine cook, Sir. I just love CB sammies, you can't really beat em. It looks great to me with the blackened sections, but if you want it golden, I would try cooking it without the glaze, and then adding the ginger, lime during the last 20 minutes. No real advantage to keeping it on the entire cook, as it remains on the surface and is not absorbed. Just a thought. 

Last time I did a corned beef it was WAY too salty. I'm gonna try your method AJ, thanks for posting

Very, very, nice Corn Beef, Joe. Fine cook, Sir. I just love CB sammies, you can't really beat em. It looks great to me with the blackened sections, but if you want it golden, I would try cooking it without the glaze, and then adding the ginger, lime during the last 20 minutes. No real advantage to keeping it on the entire cook, as it remains on the surface and is not absorbed. Just a thought.

Thanks keeper I was thinking that would be the way to go

Fantastic Job, Joe!!! But, how in the heck do you have any for leftovers???

Cheers wick I'm not that really big of an eater like my platefull and that's it gotta leave room for dessert lol can't believe the plate sizes you have over there