Drip Pan for classic B?

luvysbbq

hello, I have had a classic B and use a drip pan on lower grate. I need to cook 4 Boston butts for an event and I'm trying to figure out how I can get four butts on the classic B with a drip pan. I have the heat deflector/stone, but if I try laying it straight on stone it is too tall

Has anyone found something large enough, yet not too tall that would sit on top of heat deflector to catch drippings? I also like adding beer/Apple juice when I cook.

I was hoping to find a large round aluminum pan that is shallow?

Advice?

I'd like to cook two Boston butts on top and two on bottom grate.

Thank you, Mike

I am assuming you have vision lava stone set up, I used to use disposable aluminum pan (square), I have not seen large round one. I would place directly on lava stone, then put main grate on the expansion grate, the I would load 2 butts on main grate and position to they sit over pan, then do same on expansion grate.

I am assuming you have vision lava stone set up, I used to use disposable aluminum pan (square), I have not seen large round one. I would place directly on lava stone, then put main grate on the expansion grate, the I would load 2 butts on main grate and position to they sit over pan, then do same on expansion grate.

Two half pans or one full pan will not fit on top of lava stone. Too tall and long. I was hoping to avoid all the grease hitting the stone/fire. I could probably take scissors and modify pan, but was hoping someone has cooked four at a time with a drip pan. Thank you

Two half pans or one full pan will not fit on top of lava stone. Too tall and long. I was hoping to avoid all the grease hitting the stone/fire. I could probably take scissors and modify pan, but was hoping someone has cooked four at a time with a drip pan. Thank you

When I did 3 on the Classic B earlier this year, I just took a pair of scissors and trimmed the pan down to proper size.  You could also use a shallow pizza pan but I personally prefer the disposable pans for this use.