John Setzler

Big Joe - Cast Iron Firebox Tooling

Here are some photos that Bobby sent me to share of the beginnings of the Big Joe Cast Iron Firebox system.  I have no answers to any questions on this at this time.  You have now seen as much of this as I have.  It will be a 3 piece design due to weight...

post-1-0-34547600-1446922945_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-66552000-1446922946_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-74836200-1446922947_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-79926800-1446922949_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-26970500-1446922952_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-99835700-1446922953_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-26949600-1446922955_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-15394900-1446922956_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-39560700-1446922957_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-52235700-1446922959_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-54340900-1446923034_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-28538100-1446923135_thumb.jpg

post-1-0-33800600-1446923136_thumb.jpg

I know you said you didn't have any answers...however, maybe ask Bobby where he's getting them made? I'm a supply chain manager at my current job and have contacts at many foundries (both her in he YS and in China) and want to make sure he's getting the best deal!

Thats out of my scope also.

Bobby and I have started a PM conversation...thanks John! Looking forward to seeing more of your posts about this

Kevin

This makes more sense now. I was trying to picture how Ben's wife would be lifting that firebox out of his Big Joe. We'll all know that Ben's not the one doing all the heavy lifting in his house. The design had to be wife friendly.

The three piece design makes sense. John, you'll have to let us know how many lbs this new Big Joe Firebox is when you have this data.

This will be more exciting than the Classic Joe CI FB reveal. Not becuase there's any competition between us Big Joe's owners and Classic users, (by the way it's no contest, Big Joe owners all the way) it will be more interesting to see some of the challenges Bobby over come to make this concept viable and more user friendly in the Big Joe.

This makes more sense now. I was trying to picture how Ben's wife would be lifting that firebox out of his Big Joe. We'll all know that Ben's not the one doing all the heavy lifting in his house. The design had to be wife friendly.

The three piece design makes sense. John, you'll have to let us know how many lbs this new Big Joe Firebox is when you have this data.

This will be more exciting than the Classic Joe CI FB reveal. Not becuase there's any competition between us Big Joe's owners and Classic users, (by the way it's no contest, Big Joe owners all the way) it will be more interesting to see some of the challenges Bobby over come to make this concept viable and more user friendly in the Big Joe.

Hahahh. My wife may be 135 lbs and 4 months pregnant, but she can out do most of us at the gym.

Hahahh. My wife may be 135 lbs and 4 months pregnant, but she can out do most of us at the gym.

Congrats to you and your wife on the impending Munchkin!