LongTong

Vision Kick Ash Basket

I just modify the original plate, I elevated a half an inch by adding steel screw and bolts with washers (thru three of the vent hole) this way the airflow goes up thru the charcoal as well as the side of the caste iron plate

You need to remove exiting fire grate before placing in the fire box. I have attached photo showing basket inside my Vision Classic B. I have the original fire grate removed. Basket sits inside the hole for where fire grate fits.

I just got mine (KAB-15HD) and it does NOT sit inside that hole. Instead, it sits on top of the ledge. Here is a picture from underneath. There is no way this fits inside that opening. a18073dcec2b9f2ae2ec7a0eeb48b1f7.jpg

You need to remove exiting fire grate before placing in the fire box. I have attached photo showing basket inside my Vision Classic B. I have the original fire grate removed. Basket sits inside the hole for where fire grate fits.

I just got mine (KAB-15HD) and it does NOT sit inside that hole. Instead, it sits on top of the ledge. Here is a picture from underneath. There is no way this fits inside that opening. a18073dcec2b9f2ae2ec7a0eeb48b1f7.jpg

That is about what mine looks like as well, I did not have sufficient lighting to show same.  My photo of top view rests the same.   It is my opinion that size is currently sufficient.  Even if they make a size to fit better, I am unlikely to purchase it as this model I currently have fulfills my need.

That is about what mine looks like as well, I did not have sufficient lighting to show same.  My photo of top view rests the same.   It is my opinion that size is currently sufficient.  Even if they make a size to fit better, I am unlikely to purchase it as this model I currently have fulfills my need.

I am considering one of these baskets & want to confirm that this photo shows the Kick Ash Basket (KAB-15HD) sitting inside a Vision Classic B.

I am considering one of these baskets & want to confirm that this photo shows the Kick Ash Basket (KAB-15HD) sitting inside a Vision Classic B.

The particular KAB-15HD shipped to me definitely sat inside the firebox opening on my Vision Classic B purchased in the summer of 2014 at Sam's...

Yes, my photo was indeed a KAB-15HD sitting inside of my Vision Classic B. It does NOT sit down inside the opening as one person suggested. Disappointing to have so much wasted space....especially for long cooks.

Hey  Folks,

Just emailed Chad at Kick ash Basket, told him I own a Vision Pro S and would like to purchase a basket for my grill ( have purchased two as gifts for friend who own BGE) he ask if my unit had the slot for the ignitor which it does. I told him I had used it twice thought it started a larger area of fire quicker but was willing to do away with the stainless steel cover and the ignitor to be able to use a basket. How does everyone else feel? He said he would have considerable problems building one to allow the use of the electric ignitor. Waiting for in put.

Thanks'

Ronny

Hey  Folks,

Just emailed Chad at Kick ash Basket, told him I own a Vision Pro S and would like to purchase a basket for my grill ( have purchased two as gifts for friend who own BGE) he ask if my unit had the slot for the ignitor which it does. I told him I had used it twice thought it started a larger area of fire quicker but was willing to do away with the stainless steel cover and the ignitor to be able to use a basket. How does everyone else feel? He said he would have considerable problems building one to allow the use of the electric ignitor. Waiting for in put.

Thanks'

Ronny

I have removed the 'igniter' door on my Vision Pro S and replaced it with a PartyQ port.   Looks much better IMHO.   Would like a KAB.

$.02

I never use an electric starter, so to me one of the big advantages of the basket is being able to remove that starter sleve which made cleaning difficult. I didn't want to remove it without the basket since I was concerned of hot coals coming though the starter hole in the ceramic but now the basket protects that. So personally even if one was available with a starter hole I wouldn't get it. I like the basket to block the starter hole.