LongTong

Vision Kick Ash Basket

I did a quick cook last night on my Vision Classic B with the new Kick Ash Basket, minus the OEM grate. No noticeable performance difference. I have an overnight cook planned for Friday into Saturday. I will update this thread on my observations after that.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Can anybody tell me...

I have the Vision S-Series Professional with the port for the electric fire starter, and I actually like using the electric fire starter.  Will the KAB let me continue to still start using the electric fire starter through the port door?

Before anyone gives me grief that there are better ways to get my fire going, I find that using the electric starter through the port door works into my startup and food prep ritual and I'd like to not change that!

Thanks guys!

Glocker,

I bought my Vision Signature Series Plaza grill last Wednesday and my Kick Ash Basket (model kab-vb)was delivered today. I smoked some chicken on it tonight (cooked 5 out the first 7 days). I love the basket, it fits my grill perfectly. I did verify the electrical starter does work well with it, although I prefer the cubes myself. Hope this helps.

On 4/13/2019 at 8:27 AM, bushcraft_joe said:

Can anyone tell me, for the Vision Pro S, which kickashbasket would I get?  Goes the electric starter still work with the basket in place?

thank you so much!  Would love to get one of these. 

Joe, here is the one you need to order: https://www.kickashbasket.com/store/product-detail.php?product_id=61

It is highly recommended by Kick Ash that you do not use this with fire starter port. See my post on it here and the conclusions I came to: 

In summary, setting the basket on top of the fire starter port which sits on top of the fire grate will lead to poor airflow according to kick ash.

I bit the bullet and decided to remove the oem fire grate and starter port and simply just use the basket. I now use a propane torch to start it, which is nice because its completely wireless. There are a few torches in the post I attached if you are curious.

That all being said, kick ash's claim is just that, a claim. It could all very well work together in unison. Good luck