New KJ hinge design

Charcoal Addict

There were no widespread major issues with the current hinge and bands. It seems that there was a production cycle that ran into issues. I have cooked on dozens of different Classics and BigJOE's that have had no issues.

I don't own any KJ's. From what I've read you are correct no major issues but..... And this is a big BUT.......

Once the hinge with the feather light opening and closing hits the market everyone is going to want it especially on big Joe's. All they will have to do is open the new hinge on a BJ one time and they'll be on the phone placing an order.

People just don't realize what they are missing not having to mussel open a BJ dome.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

There were no widespread major issues with the current hinge and bands. It seems that there was a production cycle that ran into issues. I have cooked on dozens of different Classics and BigJOE's that have had no issues.

I don't own any KJ's. From what I've read you are correct no major issues but..... And this is a big BUT.......

Once the hinge with the feather light opening and closing hits the market everyone is going to want it especially on big Joe's. All they will have to do is open the new hinge on a BJ one time and they'll be on the phone placing an order.

People just don't realize what they are missing not having to mussel open a BJ dome.

I agree CK.  Its a game changer, there is nothing like it at this price level  :)

Hope you and SK are doing well my friend!

I agree CK. Its a game changer :)

Hope you and SK are doing well my friend!

Yes Rak I think it will be right up there with the joetisserie.

We're doing fine. Glad to see you posting again.

And the same with the new top vent, I am goin to buy a new joe just wondering if I should hold out and see if they will be standard equipment by then

(1) You may be waiting for a while.

(2) I would expect the MSRP to raise.

I was told that is exactly as you explained it. A bad run made it out of the factory. Unfortunately for me, it effected both my BJ's. They are both functional, but I won't let the girlfriend near them until it's fixed.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

And the same with the new top vent, I am goin to buy a new joe just wondering if I should hold out and see if they will be standard equipment by then

(1) You may be waiting for a while.

(2) I would expect the MSRP to raise.

I was told that is exactly as you explained it. A bad run made it out of the factory. Unfortunately for me, it effected both my BJ's. They are both functional, but I won't let the girlfriend near them until it's fixed.

Can't you just keep a hand on done handle for added peice of mind?

That is exactly what I have to do. I have enough strength to move a 10lb butt around with one hand while my girl doesnt. Plus, I'm used to it, she isnt. I've nearly dropped it before and am not willing to risk it with her

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Marbque said:

need to add this hinge to the BigJoe ASAP. My wife struggles with it, She will actually cook more with the new hinge assembly :-D

Totally understand this wife situation. The only reason Mrs skreef is willing to cook on my KK's is because of the feather light opening and closing. This new hinge will definitely move KJ up and above the other big ceramic companies especially if someone is on the fence with what brand to choose. 

16 minutes ago, Rak73 said:

Good eye.  With the new hinge and thicker gaskets, the latch helps create an even better seal.

I've gotta think that will make retrofits harder... Also where can I get that soapstone!?!? 

The list of things I need is getting huge...  BigJoetissire, New Cap, Soapstone...  Maybe the new hinge? 

21 minutes ago, Admckillip said:

I've gotta think that will make retrofits harder... Also where can I get that soapstone!?!? 

The list of things I need is getting huge...  BigJoetissire, New Cap, Soapstone...  Maybe the new hinge? 

LOL I love new toys as well :)

The soapstone and Big JoeTisserie will be available in the next couple of months...I dont have an exact date yet.

1 hour ago, Rak73 said:

Look at what the new hinge can do ;) 

14322668_10209044853152111_2356553859149861838_n.jpg

Hey Rak, 

Has anyone measured the hinge on the Big Joe for dimensions?  A lot of us guys have our cookers in tables, it appears the new hinge is huge and going to force a lot of people to change their table cutouts to accomidate the new hinge design.