Citrus & Chile Glazed Babyback Ribs

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I was looking for new baby back recipes and stumbled upon this one.. it sounds great!

John, did you ever do these again and marinade the ribs in the glaze first? Did it make a difference?

Planning on making these this weekend and wanted to see if the marinade made much of a difference in taste.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for this. It gave me the info that I wanted for my first smoke on my pit boss kamado.  I used Creole as a rub and one slab of ribs had a blueberry bbq sauce and the other had honey BBQ sauce. I loved the texture from not using the foil method but the kids complained. Next time I'll foil one rack and leave the other uncovered. I liked the blueberry sauce but it is a novelty. I'll use something that the kids like next time.

IMG_20170702_160014.jpg

IMG_20170702_160008.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hi John — great video!  Question — Do I need to wrap the baby backs?  I need to cook 2 racks of baby backs and 1 rack of spare ribs.  I was thinking low and slow with my SloRoller, but I don’t want to overcook the BBs.  

I like doing the spare ribs as you did on your “beginner” video for spare ribs (no wrapping) which was about a 5 1/2 hr cook; I’ve used it twice and it was phenomenal. Can I do the BBs the same way if I put them on  1-2 hours after the spare ribs?  

Welcome your thoughts.

5 hours ago, Pie said:

Hi John — great video!  Question — Do I need to wrap the baby backs?  I need to cook 2 racks of baby backs and 1 rack of spare ribs.  I was thinking low and slow with my SloRoller, but I don’t want to overcook the BBs.  

I like doing the spare ribs as you did on your “beginner” video for spare ribs (no wrapping) which was about a 5 1/2 hr cook; I’ve used it twice and it was phenomenal. Can I do the BBs the same way if I put them on  1-2 hours after the spare ribs?  

Welcome your thoughts.

Yes.  you can cook them without wrapping.  You just have to pay attention to the tenderness near the end to make sure they are done :)

• 6 months later...