• Similar Content

• By Antonio
      I am looking to buy a Kamado Grill/Smoker I am looking for advice from people that have actually purchased and used one. I am also looking to buy one reasonably priced, Best Bang for the Buck.  I really like the Kamado Joe but they are definitely a bit pricey. So all advice from experienced Kamado buyers and users are appreciated  

Thank you
      Anthony
    • By Marbque
      Wife decided she wanted some ribs yesterday but we were pressed with time with all of the rearranging going on in the yard. Managed to finish these in just under 2 hours. Of course wife deep fried a few.

• By Dub
      Yesterday my son and I were hanging out together and the subject of "what's for dinner, Dad?" came up.   Little hombre is always hongry.  Freshmen in college, hits the gym in between classes.  Lean, mean, studying machine.  

I'd had some chops marinating since morning.  Informed him of such and he asked what I was waiting on.   The order to fire 'em up was given.

I was also planning on cooking some other stuff at the same time for future meals, too....as I'm working this upcoming weekend.

Figured I'd do wings on this 'un and also sear some chops and tenderloin while doing the sides on the other little Weber.

Little Weber accommodated my skillet packed full of carrots, onions and potatoes.   Was gonna add some Brussels later, too.

Course ground pepper & Plowboys did a good job of seasoning the root vegetables.

Well......at some point during the cooking my boy got a phone call that altered his plans.  He's out of class this week and some buddies are in town.....so he had to scramble.

I scaled back the cook but did go ahead with a pair of chops.   Haven't done them in a long while for some reason.  

Seasoned them with Dizzy Pig's Red Eye Express.

Vortex did it's job.....even better now that the coals had burned down significantly since I skipped the wing cook.

I love carrots cooked this way.....in case you can't tell, lol.

Leftover chop was saved in the fridge.......

Teenage T-Rex skeert me this morning as I was tinkering with the coffee maker.....trying to conjure up some decent java.  Evidently I was grinding the beans when he ninja'd up into the kitchen, "So, Dad, what's for breakfast".    Once I settled down from the scare, lol, I put together  his leftover chop, some hash browns, scrambled eggs & cheese and a pair of biscuits.

He said that'd hold him for a while.
    • By DerHusker
      I recently watched some YouTube videos by Baby Back Maniac where he reviewed the new Weber Limited Edition Red Kettle. I was immediately drawn to the red color for some reason.   Since I already had a standard black kettle and I didn’t have an extra $200.00 burning a hole in my pocket I figured I’d just have to make do with what I had. Yesterday I noticed they were on sale at Ace Hardware for $149.99 (a 25% discount) and I figured it was a sign that I had to buy one. 
      Well here it is 

and the unboxing and assembly pics will follow:

New and nicer wheels included.

Put some cardboard down and installed the vent / ash assembly.

The legs, wheels and shelf.

The lid rest assembly.

The ash pan

and the handle.

Put in the charcoal and grill grates.

Then installed the handle and placed the lid on it.

I wheeled in out from under the patio roof where I took a few more pics before doing a seasoning burn. Lid moved back onto the rest. (Nice!)

Nice new thermometer and Limited Edition plaque.

Now I started a chimney full of KBB

and let the kettle settle in on a seasoning burn.

So pretty!

Thanks for looking.
    • By Dub
      Sometimes ya just have to have a meaty burger cooked over charcoal.

A bit of a high temp burnoff occurred prior to the burgers going on.

Sliced up some potatoes and made up a batch of home fries, too.