Sous Vide Fried Chicken WOW

Jack.

Thanks for making these and posting this, Jack. I saw the video the other day and really want to try it out. I'm hoping to get to it this week or next.

For SV temps, I generally refer to this chart from ChefSteps as a guideline. - https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/sous-vide-time-and-temperature-guide

Thank you, cschaaf.  And thanks for the reference to the chart. :good:

I have been avoiding the sous vide bandwagon for some time, no real reason, just old and set in my ways. Your cook may have got me over the hump. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you, dsarcher.  Sous vide, for me is just one more method to experiment and have fun with.  The $100 for the ANOVA was a good investment, from where I stand.

When it comes to deep frying chicken, i like to,use peanut oil and i like to go to a temp of 385 if it is skin on chicken. If its skinless i go to 350ish.

Yep.  Peanut oil is my favorite, not just for chicken but for French fries as well.

I'm wondering now about the possibilities of sous vide wings.... there are some potentially interesting things that could be done with that idea...

Funny you should say that, John.  When I froze the wings from these chickens, I had in the back of my mind getting quite a few more and trying a sous vide wing/kamado experiment.