Feels great to be back in action.......

Dub

Dub,

Welcome back to cooking. I have been following you on Facebook buddy and so happy to hear that you are doing well.

I am just getting back into the cook myself after a few months of losing focus on my healthy eating.

I couldn't agree more about the cooking for the family!!

We have the same cut board. I need the treatment stuff for it.

Merry Christmas and I think that I know what the boy will be getting for Christmas. I saw some facebook posts earlier about shopping for vehicles!!

Merry Christmas, everyone.

This morning was the very best Christmas I've ever had.   So much to be grateful for and so very proud of my son and his cousins......each such special kids with lots of drive and ambition. 

Pressed for time this afternoon due to the unbelievable morning.....but fired up some lump & peach wood and let it roll all over a spiral cut ham that came out as good, if not better, than any ham I've ever cooked or had.  In other words......I got lucky.

The barked pieces were mighty good....especially after spooning some of the cider drippings over them once plated.

C21y08X.jpg

6WP3Bmk.jpg

NHTTk9Q.jpg

Also made a big pot of black-eyed peas with a 1 lb of country ham cooked in with them along with some other tasty stuff.

Added some other sides and desserts for the carb-eaters in the house. :)

Stuffed......grateful.......and proud of the kids.   

Gonna sleep like a king tonight.

Merry Christmas !!!!

Dub,

Welcome back to cooking. I have been following you on Facebook buddy and so happy to hear that you are doing well.

I am just getting back into the cook myself after a few months of losing focus on my healthy eating.

I couldn't agree more about the cooking for the family!!

We have the same cut board. I need the treatment stuff for it.

Merry Christmas and I think that I know what the boy will be getting for Christmas. I saw some facebook posts earlier about shopping for vehicles!!

He got it.

His reaction when he walked outside and saw it was something I'll never forget.

Y08IZqR.jpg

So happy for him and so proud of him.   He's been through a pile of challenges these past couple years and has remained tough, resilient and taken advantages of every opportunity afforded him.  I told him today that all of my dreams ride on his shoulders.   

I'm so grateful for God's blessing of fatherhood.   So very grateful.