Baltimore Pit Beef

HCOJ

I smoked a 5 lb bottom round with Apple wood @ around 275 until IT was 225. Then I seared it on each side for about 1-2 minutes. I used a simple rub of salt and pepper. I applied the rub a little too heavy. I will go a little lighter next time. I am very happy with how the cook turned out. The beef was flavorful and tender. I wish I had a slicer to make paper thin slices but I did my best to make them as thin as possible.post-10097-0-89085900-1451338311_thumb.j

post-10097-0-31279000-1451338327_thumb.j

post-10097-0-65155400-1451338346_thumb.j

post-10097-0-46914300-1451338359_thumb.j

post-10097-0-88258200-1451338421_thumb.j

post-10097-0-72398700-1451338439_thumb.j

I make Baltimore Pit Beef sammies frequently. Do you have a special Tiger Sauce recipe?

.......Here's a good tip to help with thin slices without a slicer. Put the roast in the freezer for about a half hour before slicing. It really helps!

Thanks for the tip, Andy. I just use the recipe from http://amazingribs.com/recipes/beef/baltimore_pit_beef.html. 3 tbsp Jared horseradish and 1/2 cup mayo

I make Baltimore Pit Beef sammies frequently. Do you have a special Tiger Sauce recipe?

.......Here's a good tip to help with thin slices without a slicer. Put the roast in the freezer for about a half hour before slicing. It really helps!

Great tip. Now that I have my 12 inch victorinox granton edge slicing knife I am a much better freehand slicer. Thanks to you Andy for sending the link a month or so back. One of my best purchases.

I smoked a 5 lb bottom round with Apple wood @ around 275 until IT was 225. Then I seared it on each side for about 1-2 minutes. I used a simple rub of salt and pepper. I applied the rub a little too heavy. I will go a little lighter next time. I am very happy with how the cook turned out. The beef was flavorful and tender. I wish I had a slicer to make paper thin slices but I did my best to make them as thin as possible.attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Nice cook

that looks great!

I definitely need to try this for my work lunches as an alternative to all the processed deli meat I buy.  Do you know how well does that beef hold up if you cook, slice and freeze it for later?

It has held up great in the refrigerator. I just pull out the roast slice enough off for a sandwich, put the slices in the oven to warm them up a little and make my sandwich.