What size is this BGE, whats it worth?

rich_l

Looks like a large which is 18 inches. The grill grate is not the one that came with the kamado... Looks like a cheap weber replacement... The side tables and cart are usually extras on the big green egg. No other accessories visible. I would want a plate setter so i could do indirect as well as direct cooking...

I just bought a used Large egg off Craigslist. Owner said excellent condition but it was more like Good. Came with nest, side tables, plate setter, ash tool. Bag of coal and starter cubes. I paid their asking price of $400. Fire bowl had a crack. Had to put on new felt. Gave it a good cleaning and built a $100 table for it this weekend.

Photo from Craigslist add

0ed3fc97dc6b404d7f6ab8536d6b7235.jpg

After 12 hours of ownership

a3414691c7f3fc62febc10afcea583f6.jpg

Rich, 

The Egg in your photo was made prior to 2012 as can be determined by the shorter lid handle. BGE went to a longer handle in 2012. Masonlane mentioned that the Egg is sitting in the nest incorrectly with a leg of the nest directly in front of or in contact with the bottom vent slider. I would check the bottom vent to see if it is bent or damaged.  With no cracks, I would offer $300. That's a little low, but, honestly, I don't have much interest in an Egg without a warranty. IMO the warranty, in part, justifies their higher price, with out the warranty as it is, if I couldn't get for 300, I would buy a Vision. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...