Sign in to follow this  
Jack.

Mrs. Jack Wanted Lobster Lasagne For Her Birthday Dinner

Just an amazing cook, Jack, beautiful. As I scrolled through the pictures for my wife I heard a steady rhythm or oohs and ahhhs, when she saw the roses, she exclaimed roses too, well thats just over the top. Congratulations  and Happy Birthday to Mrs. Jack. fine job, Sir.  :bravo:

Looks and sounds like a delicious meal, bet your wife was extremely pleased with it.

Thank you, Grabber.  Yes, Mrs. Jack was very happy with this lasagna, especially with the change to gouda and asiago.  

Oh oh. Close the laptop fast before Mrs. Smokehowze spots this post!

Thanks, Smokehowze.  Actually, I'd love to see your take at this dish.  I'll wager it would be fantastic.

Jack, jack, jack... well, it's obvious why Mrs Jack married you...YOU DA MAN!!! Nice job buddy [emoji4]

Thank you, Rob.  You're prolly right; Mrs. Jack married me because I could cook.  It certainly wasn't because of my looks or money, because back 33 years ago, I had neither.

That pretty much says it all. I posted this dish in the past and it was delicious. This time I decided to substitute imported Dutch Gouda and fancy Asiago for mozzarella, and to add fresh sliced mushrooms and fresh chopped baby spinach.

Seven 6-7 oz. lobster tails lightly par boiled just enough to make removal from the shell easier.

Add one dozen Diver scallops and coarsely chop to 1/2" - 3/4" dice with some Italian parsley for brightness.

The mushrooms sliced using a mushroom/egg slicer I'd forgotten I had.

The coarsely chopped spinach and mushrooms in a sauce of roasted garlic Alfredo.

Equal amounts of Gouda and Asiago shredded on a box grater.

Then, a layer of sauce, a layer of No Boil flat lasagna noodles, a layer of lobster and scallops, and a layer of blended cheeses.

Repeated to a total of 4 layers, lightly tented and baked in a 350* kamado for about 25 minutes.

Uncovered to brown a little for about 10 minutes. I did not want this topping overly browned. The cheeses are so rich and creamy, browning too much would taste scorched.

Removed to cool, with one top piece removed just for purposes of this post to show the creamy, bubbly layer below.

This was over the top rich and decadent. The richness of the Gouda, the soft nuttiness of the Asiago, and the lobster/scallop mix all combined to create a memorable birthday dinner, as requested.

Happy Birthday Mrs. Jack, and many happy returns!!!

Thanks for Looking and Happy Cooking.

What a great Idea looks delicious whish you wife a happy birthday for me

Thank you very much, Aussie Joe.  I certainly will convey your birthday wishes to  Mrs. Jack.