Deflector rig

The Akorn doesn't include a deflector.  I havent want to drop the $40 for the factory stone.  I bought a pizza stone kit from Lowes, $12 (link below).  Is there a reason this is a bad idea? should I go for the deflector made for it?  The stone just barely fits on the bottom, it's only 15".

http://www.lowes.com/pd_269578-47981-42283_0__?productId=4667409

I had that same set.  The problem is they stones will not hold up to the high heat and will eventually crack.  I keep using it and just put the pieces back together.... In the long run it's probably cheaper to just pick up the factory stone.

The Akorn doesn't include a deflector. I havent want to drop the $40 for the factory stone. I bought a pizza stone kit from Lowes, $12 (link below). Is there a reason this is a bad idea? should I go for the deflector made for it? The stone just barely fits on the bottom, it's only 15".

http://www.lowes.com/pd_269578-47981-42283_0__?productId=4667409

I bought the same one, I plan on putting a couple bars in a triangle to keep it from slipping

The fire grate for the 22.5 in Weber. Beware of using a pizza pan that is too large (eg 16 inch). I used one a couple times before I realized that my ash pan and handles were burning up from overheating. Once I switched to a smaller pan, everything worked better.

I had that same set. The problem is they stones will not hold up to the high heat and will eventually crack. I keep using it and just put the pieces back together.... In the long run it's probably cheaper to just pick up the factory stone.

Ditto. I've broken two. The last one is pieced back together in two layers of BBQ foil. Try a foil pan with some nice clean sand in it. Works reall well. Just put some BBQ foil over the sand to catch drips.