Sign in to follow this  
KamadoGriller

New to KAMADO GURU

Hello, I have had my Saffire for about a year and a half now and wanted to be apart of a Kamado community where i can learn some new recipes and tips.

I mostly have smoked turkeys (as you can see from my profile picture) and each time i amazed with how juicy a delicious the turkey is.  I never liked turkey before because every time i had turkey it was dry, but now i love it ever since i have been smoking it on my Saffire. That is my testimony on why i believe Ceramic Grills are the best and now I never want to have any meat unless it is done on a Ceramic Grill.

:)

I love my Vision Grill! and for so many reason... but my first would be it's versatility. I have a gas grill sitting right next to it, and I have not fired it up since buying the Vision almost a year ago. I currently use the gas grill for storage and work space.  :) The Vision is my go to grill and as a matter of fact, I want another one sitting right next to it. Anyone have two or more of these Kamado grills?

There are quite a few people on here with multiple kamados. I think in most cases the peeps with multiples have different sizes.that is kind of practicle as you choose the size for what you are cooking. I have a second grill as well. I generaly use the keg, but if i am do8ng a large cook, or doing 2 things at different temps it is quite handy.would still like to get a larger kamado however.

Exactly prowe, my purpose would be different temps. I'm going to take a look around, before asking any of you pros "practical use" questions. I'm good, but I've only been at this for a minute, and have plenty to learn.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Bryant Kamado
      Hi everyone,

This is Bryant from China and who like bbq kamado so much.

Nice to meet you all!

• By only1cannoli
      Went looking for a BGE on Saturday and came home with a KJ Classic. First cook yesterday. Brand new to this style of cooking; had a Weber Summit Grill Center for four years, before I moved down here, but I bequeathed it to my son because our lanai is prepped with natural gas. After ordering a Summit Grill Island 660 from Weber, I come to find out that Weber discourages the use of any of their grills if they are in a covered space.
      Since I can't be with the ability to cook, I had to get something and thought that while I sort out this whole Weber/Natural Gas dilemma, I'd add a BGE to my arsenal. Well the BGE couldn't get delivered for at least a week and the KJ was assembled and available immediately, AND, the owner of the local ACE Hardware personally delivered it that day after the store closed! What sold me was the ability to do direct AND indirect during the same cook. I made baked potatoes, grilled peppers and onions, and grilled sirloin.
      Had a lot of trouble getting the fire started and yes, I read the manual and looked at the KJ.com videos, but it seemed like the fire would not get going. Walked away for 10 minutes or so to watch some football, and OMG, the grill was at 600. Bringing it back to 350 was also a challenge and needless to say, we ate dinner late last night, but I was reasonably pleased with my first cook. The potatoes were perfect, veggies a little under cooked, and steak a little over cooked so I've a lot to learn here.
      Biggest issues was shutdown. Closed the bottom vent all the way, left the top vent on the first white line, but it took forever to cool down. KJ tells you to do it this way to let the gases escape but after about an hour, I finally closed the top vent all the way and roasted some nuts (pine nuts), as they suggested you could do. Well the first batch burned, opened the grill put in a second batch and they were done very quickly as well. A little more brown than I wanted but at least they were salvageable, After about 3 hours, I finally latch the top, which KJ doesn't recommend if you want to preserve your gasket, but the grill was about 230 at this time so I thought it would be okay???
      Anyway, to finish my introduction, I checked the fire box this a.m. to see how much fuel was actually preserved, and the grill plates were still warm. Unbelievable and as I said, still have much to learn and looking forward to this. My Weber Summit had a smoker box, but this is a completely different experience for sure.
      Oh and lastly, the local wildlife was just as curious as I was and came to check it out, and also kept me from checking the temp too!

• By eeichhorn
      For anyone interested, the Joetisserie fits and works perfectly on the 19" Saffire Kamado.
      Here are some pics of my last cook.
      Chicken doner recipe with homemade pita, turned out delicious.

• By Stubakka
      Hello all! I actually haven't even gotten my Big joe unit yet but am really looking forward to
      it. I have been using a Weber kettle grill with a smokenator for over 10 years but felt it was time to move to something more high quality. I love smoking ribs and have spent a lot on new accessories (pronto much) and I'm just waiting for the frieght company to give me the call that it's being delivered.   I'm 35, IT consultant who loves to cook 
    • By dhaddock
      Hey Y'all..
      I recently purchased the Akorn Kamado by CharGriller Thursday from my local Lowes... I had a help assembling it... The final product is just beautiful.. I've been grilling/smoking for over 30 years... my first grill was a Little Smokey joe I received for my 13th birthday.. I've been using Brinkmann Cajun Smokers (with success) for  a while until I moved to Spokane, Washington... I purchased a 22 1/2 inch Weber Smokey Mountain... I used the hell out of it for 4 years.... Now I'm back in Texas , and the Akorn is so far the best multipurpose grill I've own... I seasoned my grill, and went immediately to grilling burgers, and jalapeno poppers on it...My next grill will be either New york strips.. or a Papa Murphys pizza.. just don't know yet...