3. Edsland

Edsland

4. IkeKey

IkeKey

5. Ben S

Ben S

• Similar Content

• By Tarnation
      Prepped this little half butt for a work Halloween potluck last night, cooking it tonight.  Just a little teaser before I tucked in and put it to bed.

• By Brickyoung
      Hey family,

I plan to smoke 7 pork butts on my Big Joe using my extender rack.  All the butts weigh between 7-8 pounds.  

Should I maintain the general rule of approx 1.5 -2 hours cook time at 225? With that, is it fair to say this cool will be approx 16 hours for all 7 butts? I just want to make sure the extra capacity doesn’t affect my cook time.

I’d appreciate advice based on prior experience from you folks. 

Thanks!
    • By cwhuling
      I ended up with a mostly free Saturday and decided to cook a couple of Boston Butts.  I finished my other chores early and decided to make home made rolls and Cole slaw to go with the pork.  This was the first time I brined a Boston Butt and was pleased with the outcome.  

• By brandonh
      I'm pretty inexperienced with my kamado, especially low and slow. My temp had been higher than I wanted (305) so I adjusted the top vent to nearly closed (1/8” or so). The temp held steady  at around 245 for the next 4 hours and now going into hour 6 my temp has dropped to 225 in the last 45 min. Is my fire out? I'm about 15 min from home so I don't want to go unless necessary. TIA
    • By NeroPrime
      Just got done with dinner, my first time making a Boston Butt.

https://goo.gl/photos/Gzk5ZWgnBB7Rbz9X8

The Akorn with the Tip Tip Temp kept an even 240-250ºF for the full 7 hrs.