Sign in to follow this  
Kamado Jimi

Great Food from your Kamado

As stated in another thread, I've had my Kamado for 9 months and sometimes... sometimes you make something that is just as good or even better than a 5 Star restaurant. IMHO  :) It happened again tonight. My wife was out shopping and I asked her to pick up something for me to grill. She kindly brought home some good looking thighs, with the skin on. (I like grilling thighs, and most times with skin down, which offers heat protection and adds flavor to the meat.) She also picked up some gold potatoes and brussel sprouts! I added some lump, fired it up, and brought it to 350 degrees. 

post-10911-0-48771000-1453603301_thumb.jpost-10911-0-76918900-1453603313_thumb.jpost-10911-0-38875300-1453603341_thumb.j

As stated in another thread, I've had my Kamado for 9 months and sometimes... sometimes you make something that is just as good or even better than a 5 Star restaurant. IMHO :) It happened again tonight. My wife was out shopping and I asked her to pick up something for me to grill. She kindly brought home some good looking thighs, with the skin on. (I like grilling thighs, and most times with skin down, which offers heat protection and adds flavor to the meat.) She also picked up some gold potatoes and brussel sprouts! I added some lump, fired it up, and brought it to 350 degrees.

attachicon.gifthumb_IMG_5882_1024.jpgattachicon.gifthumb_IMG_5883_1024.jpgattachicon.gifthumb_IMG_5884_1024.jpg

Yum looks terrific

Thanks all for the comments & likes. Grabber70Mach, you are correct.. everything does taste better coming off the Kamado, even brussels sprouts! go ahead  Chuck0531 & IkeKey, give her a try!  :)

As for the cooking... I think anyone just getting used to the Kamado style of cooking, chicken thighs are probably the easiest to do. I added about 5 chunks of unsoaked apple wood, and it cooked a little over an hour. To make sure the color wasn't fooling me, I probed it... 185 degrees. It was all more tasty than it looks.

and I'm having leftovers for lunch today!