Lowes Canada sale on Basques Sugar Maple lump

danielc

Till Feb 3rd, Lowes has their Basques Sugar Maple lump on sale. 

The flyer says buy one for $19.99 and get another for 50% off.   The web site seems to just have it at $14.99

https://www.lowes.ca/charcoal-grills/basques-lump-charcoal_g1809926.html

Dan

Till Feb 3rd, Lowes has their Basques Sugar Maple lump on sale. 

The flyer says buy one for $19.99 and get another for 50% off.   The web site seems to just have it at $14.99

https://www.lowes.ca/charcoal-grills/basques-lump-charcoal_g1809926.html

Dan

The website says that the $14.99 price is for a single bag. When you buy two bags it works out to be exactly as the sale price of $19.99 with 50% off the second bag ($10).

I bought some last year during this same sale. Not sure that it is such a great deal as Costco has the same lump (but in the green bag) usually for $12.99 (vs. the $14.99 sale price) a bag when they have it in stock.

True, Costco is cheaper, especially when they put it on sale at $9.99, or clear it out end of season. But I'm out and would rather burn this on Pizza than the Kamado Joe, Quebracho, or Coconut I have. Ill buy just enough to get me to where Costco begins stocking it again.

i really like Quebracho when it's on for $40 plus taxes and free shipping from Amazon.ca. It's hard to beat it for the price. At a buck a pound, it's the best bang for the buck in Canada. it's dense and burns cleaner and longer than Costco Basque Also it has a lot less sparks.

Kamado Joe lump is really good too, but at $1.65 a pound so it's not something you wanna burn on pizzas....

I really like the red bag Basques Sugar Maple from Lowes. So much so that it has become my "go to" for most of my cooks. Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I have not seen Basques or any charcoal in Edmonton Costco stores. Is the Costco green bag a different product?

Quebracho hasn't be on Amazon for $39.99 for a while now [i look daily].

I have one bag of Quebracho I got for Christmas but have yet to use it. It's said to be longer burning compared to the Basques which could be helpful in longer cooks where I find my burn times with Basques to be somewhat unpredictable.

Glenn

I really like the red bag Basques Sugar Maple from Lowes. So much so that it has become my "go to" for most of my cooks. Thanks for the heads up on the sale. I have not seen Basques or any charcoal in Edmonton Costco stores. Is the Costco green bag a different product?

I have one bag of Quebracho I got for Christmas but have yet to use it. It's said to be longer burning compared to the Basques which could be helpful in longer cooks where I find my burn times with Basques to be somewhat unpredictable.

Glenn

I'm like you..  look almost daily for more Quebracho @ 40$ price tag from Amazon.ca.  It's been a good 5-6 months maybe since I've seen it at that price.  It dropped to 63$ now, but still no go for me at that price.

However, Kebroak is still 40$ at amazon.ca for 40lbs.  A great alternative to Quebracho.

Use camelcamelcamel.com to track Amazon pricing.

1. Search for your product on Amazon (or Amazon.ca - I've not checked other countries)

2. Copy the URL

3. Go to camelcamelcamel.com

4. Paste the product link into the "Enter Amazon URL" bar

The results will show you pricing over time and allow you to set up a notification.

I had never tried this lump before, so I grabbed a couple bags on the weekend.  So far I have been happy.  Good flavor in my food, and a lot of big lumps.

I bought a ton of stock from Costco this summer, but I didn't luck out.  Most of it was tiny pieces with the occasional tennis-ball sized lump.

Glenn

I'm like you..  look almost daily for more Quebracho @ 40$ price tag from Amazon.ca.  It's been a good 5-6 months maybe since I've seen it at that price.  It dropped to 63$ now, but still no go for me at that price.

However, Kebroak is still 40$ at amazon.ca for 40lbs.  A great alternative to Quebracho.

Quebracho is consistently dropping in price bit by bit - a few dollars as day. Maybe by the end of the month we can see $39.99!

Glenn