Shopping for new clothes

After having lost a lot of weight, I'm having to replace my entire wardrobe and it's a slow going and expensive process....

How about this one? :)

post-1-0-36767700-1455073384_thumb.jpg

I can see some uses for a coat like this but not many... went with the one below instead....

post-1-0-08876300-1455073398_thumb.jpg

This was a really nice Michael Kors jacket that I found on sale at a reasonable price....

post-1-0-93378300-1455073396_thumb.jpg

The reality of  ^^^^^ still amazes me sometimes.   I'm still stuck in my weight loss and I'm trying to make some chages that will get me to my destination weight of 170 lbs.  I have about 13 pounds to go and its just being stubborn!

John, what can i say,  I am just very proud of you and the way you took charge and made a healthy change in your life style. Very impressive and an inspiration to us all.  All the best to you, buddy. Grace and Peace. Ps. i kinda liked the purple paisley, It would look great with a gold ear ring.  

I needed new jeans... Partly because my old jeans were wearing out, partly because I've lost a fair amount of weight, and partly to impress all the new ladies ;-)

Went to the Gap. As is usually the case for me, finding anything in the right size is impossible. So I grabbed anything in any color of standard, relaxed, or boot cut fit that was either 36/34 or 38/34. That was 4 pairs. Of the 4, only one fit and looked decent.

Took it to the register, expecting it to be $55 minus 30% off...  Not quite.

post-8528-0-98756300-1456770425_thumb.jp

Deal of the century!

(And no, that wasn't an error or screwup on Gap's part. They said that somehow this pair had just been marked down over and over, and so that was the price.)

John, those before & after pics are impressive! I'm on a similar mission, trying to get from 230 to the 170 - 180 range. My weight has plateaued, I've been stuck around 198 for the last 2 months. Now that the weather is warming up it'll be easier to get out on the bike, so I'm hoping to jump start the progress again. I've been postponing clothing purchases, hopefully by June I'll be in the target range and can make some purchases. If successful I'm going to need almost everything...

John, those before & after pics are impressive! I'm on a similar mission, trying to get from 230 to the 170 - 180 range. My weight has plateaued, I've been stuck around 198 for the last 2 months. Now that the weather is warming up it'll be easier to get out on the bike, so I'm hoping to jump start the progress again. I've been postponing clothing purchases, hopefully by June I'll be in the target range and can make some purchases. If successful I'm going to need almost everything...

Good luck!  I have bought stuff twice and 3 times in some cases.  If I ever get this last 15 pounds off I may have to buy stuff again.... it's a battle!

• 6 months later...

Hey John,

I'm new to kamado grilling/smoking/baking/roasting etc. Just bought a KJ Big Joe and have watched so many of your videos that I feel like you're my personal culinary advisor. We have noticed your weight loss. Congratulations! I am in the process of losing about 20 pounds myself and appreciate that I can cook and eat light with my new kamado grill. Your change has been inspirational!

26 minutes ago, BigJoeLittleb said:

Hey John,

I'm new to kamado grilling/smoking/baking/roasting etc. Just bought a KJ Big Joe and have watched so many of your videos that I feel like you're my personal culinary advisor. We have noticed your weight loss. Congratulations! I am in the process of losing about 20 pounds myself and appreciate that I can cook and eat light with my new kamado grill. Your change has been inspirational!

Thanks :)  It's been fun, interesting, painful, discouraging, exciting, depressing, and everything you can think of at one time or another.  

My diet has not involved cutting out the things I love to eat.  I still eat most of the same foods I have always eaten but I have had to learn the art of moderation.  I also have a relatively heavy exercise regimen that makes a difference.  There are only a few things I have almost cut out completely.  I still miss those things so much I can't even list them here for you :)