This is my mouth watering beef jerky brine and method. The stuff is good! 3 varieties that I have tested below. I'm certain you can think of more. I have done tons of beef jerky over the years and have worked on this variation for the past 4 years. This is the final product, enjoy!

Original philpom Jerky - prepare exactly as below

Peppered philpom Jerky - prepare exactly as below but when you put the meat in the dryer sprinkle with PLENTY of black pepper.

Habanero philpom Jerky - puree 4 or more peppers and add it to the brine at the beginning of the mixing.

Prepares enough brine for about 2lbs of beef.

1 cup Worcestershire sauce (not store brand)

1 cup Braggs liquid amino's

1/4 cup raw honey

1 tbs onion powder

1 tbs garlic powder

1 tbs liquid smoke

1 tbs fresh ground black pepper

Blend the ingredients together well. Take your lean meat (bottom round) and cut in to 1/4" or less thick strips against the grain. Pound each piece further with a tenderizing cleaver to about 1/8" Put the meat in to a zip top 1 gallon bag and add the brine. Let it go for 4-6 hours in the fridge. Agitate and flip every hour.

Dehydrate it your favorite way - don't over dry it. I would guess 6-8 hours but it depends.

*NOTES - I leave the strips in large wide irregular shapes - the result in my opinion is much better. Pounding the meat flat to 1/8" in an important step, it drastically speeds up the brine, speeds up the dry and provides a much better final product.