What's your ONE best piece of advice to a Newbie?

Do not set your deflector plate in the low position during a high heat cook like pizza when many of us use both a deflector and a pizza stone. The deflector set low can throw too much heat back into your fire box. When you overheat the fire box there is always the potential for it or the case to crack. During a pizza cook in which I am using a deflector, I always set it on the main grate just below the felt and not in the low position. You want to block direct heat directly below your pizza stone, but not restrict heat from escaping the fire box. 

Keep it simple. It comes down to 5 basic elements and ingredients: Heat, Air, Meat, S & P, Savory (Granulated Garlic and Onion). These five variables are the essence of Barbecue. All other ingredients, be it sauces, exotic rubs, etc., are strictly optional.

I have had my Kamado for only several months so still a newbie by my standards.

Great tips from everyone here which leads me to my one piece of advice.....

RESEARCH! this forum has taught me more then I could ever have imagined. Reading everyone's cooks, tips, successes and failures and learning from them would be my advice to everyone.

Was giving my lil ones their 1st cooking lesson a few weeks ago...told them the most important thing they need to know when cooking on a kamado... BURP it.

Yes. It's tough to decide between "don't chase temps" and "burp the grill". But since burping the grill is a safety issue, I'll elevate it to the top.

Don't chase temps is a close second.

RESEARCH! this forum has taught me more then I could ever have imagined. Reading everyone's cooks, tips, successes and failures and learning from them would be my advice to everyone.

Strongly agree with this! This thread is a prime example, the knowledge is out there, you just have to search for it! Kamado's aren't rocket science, chances are if you have a question it's been answered numerous times! 

I will also throw in, before using a particular smoking wood be sure to understand the flavor profile of the actual Lump you are using. Buy quality lump!