24817983319_7793a08f92_c.jpg
I made up these sandwich rolls for the Big Sandwich! Challenge. Super easy and very tasty. Here are the ingredients. (From Artisanbreadwithsteve)
24818249799_f7f7424f1a_z.jpg
3 cups bread flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp instant yeast
12 oz cool water

Combine and mix the dry ingredients. Then mix in the water until fully incorporated and it starts to stick to the sides. Now cover and set aside overnight until it's at least doubled in size.

Next morning the dough ready to be shaped. This dough is very sticky so you’ll need lots of flour on you board to help with the shaping.
25067423122_43430f4d18_z.jpg
And ready for proofing a second time. (2 hours)
25092436341_10f081c288_z.jpg
Now wiped with an egg wash and some sesame seeds. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
25067418222_41f225e72e_z.jpg
And done.
24817983319_7793a08f92_b.jpg
Big Sandwich here I come!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By DerHusker
      I had a bunch of fries’ leftover from eating at a local burger place that I had saved so I decided to make a popular burrito here in San Diego. It is known as a California Burrito and typically has Carne Asada, French Fries, Frijoles, Cheese, Pico de Gallo, Guacamole, and Mexican Creama. (A 7-layer burrito if you want) Any way I started out making everything and was taking plenty of pics with my phone camera but somewhere in the middle of my cook I somehow (and I have no idea how) set my phone back to “Default” mode. Anyway, I don’t have access to those pics as of now and may never have access to them as they may end up being erased. So, I whipped out my Canon 70S and took the following pics at the end of the cook. I had purchased some Carne Asada and flour tortillas from the Mercado. I made up a bowl of Pico, A bowl of guacamole and some Mexican Rice. (No Pics) I then grilled up the Carne Asada. Here it is on the grill.

I brought this in and diced it up into small squares.

I then started to assemble the burrito. Started out with a nice layer of Mexican Cheese. Then the Carne Asada, Fries and some Pinquito beans.

Then some Pico de Gallo, guacamole and some Mexican Creama.

I rolled it up and placed it on the grill.

Here it is done and ready to cut.

And here are the plated shots with some spicy carrots, Mexican rice and a Modelo Negra.

And a close-up shot.

This was delicious!

Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      Life is very hectic for us these days and I don't get the chance to cook much these days and much more so to document those cooks when I do. It is the season we're living in for now with taking care of my 93 year old M.I.L. with Alzheimer's. Anyone who's gone though this knows how difficult it is.

Anyway, last weekend I decided to remake the Blackened Chicken Torta I made a few years ago. First thing I made was some Pickled Red Onion.

Pickled Red Onion recipe link:
      https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/27438-pickled-red-onion/?tab=comments#comment-367726

I then made up some Blackened Chicken rub and proceeded to make up the Blackened Chicken and Torta.

Blackened Chicken Torta recipe link:
      https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/26599-blackened-chicken-torta/?tab=comments#comment-355872

I pounded some chicken breasts out to around 1/2” thick.

I placed my CI skillet on the on side burner of my gasser and let it get smoking hot and blackened the chicken.

I then toasted the torta roll and spread on some Frank’s Red Hot Mayo, a chicken breast and some pickled red onion.

Then some avocado,

tomato slices,

some lettuce and the lid.

Here are the Plated shots with a Stone Xococeza Mocha Stout and some Sun Chips.

Delicious!

Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      I’ve made these numerous times and I’ve posted the recipes as well so I’m only posting a few pics of this cook. See Links:
      Enchiladas / Sauce:
      https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/12654-enchiladas-verde-con-pollo/
      Rice:
      https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/24634-mexican-rice/

Started out making the sauce.

Roasting the veggies and cooking the chicken.

Once everything was done I mixed the chicken with some slivered onion and some cheese. I rolled / wrapped up a dozen enchiladas. I covered them with more sauce and some cheese and baked them on the kamado for 25 minutes.

I plated some up with some fresh made Mexican rice, Frijoles’, some radish and a Modelo Negra.

Muy Delicioso!
      Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      Spent an uneventful time at home watching it rain outside most of the weekend. The one thing we could do was prepare for the Super Bowl. What goes good while watching a football game? Wings & Thangs of course. I’ve made these Honey Sriracha Chicken Wings and Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins before and they turned out great so I made them again and decided to share the pics.
      See link for detailed recipe and cooking method:  https://www.kamadoguru.com/topic/38718-honey-sriracha-chicken-wings-and-buffalo-chicken-potato-skins/
      All I got this time were these plated shots

They were extremely delicious just like the last time.
      Thanks for looking.
    • By philpom
      "Pickled" Dill Bread

1 cup of water + 1 tbs
      1/3 cup of white vinegar
      4 cups of all purpose flour
      1/4 cup of potato flakes
      4 1/2 tbs white sugar
      2 1/2 tbs powder milk
      2 tsp kosher salt
      3 tbs butter
      4 tsp instant dry yeast
      1 heaping tbs dill seed.

Combine according to your bread machine instructions. Mine says add fluid, flour, other - being certain the yeast does not come in contact with any water.

Use the knead/dough only quick cycle. Once the cycle is completed remove the dough ball and form a "log" blob. Have a pre-warmed pizza stone ready with a heating pad underneath set to high to keep it warm. The stone should be a gentle warm and not hot. Place a large clear bowl over the dough and allow an additional 1 to 1 1/2 hours to rise. I put some cornmeal on the stone to help prevent sticking.

Place in the kamado preheated to 350 degrees setup for indirect cooking and bake for about 50 minutes or until the loaf sounds hollow when you tap on it.

Cut and serve - be sure to try it still warm with butter!

Look at this topic for some picture of what it might look like:
      viewtopic.php?f=10&t=2819