Sign in to follow this  
ckreef

Mini Fatties

A trio of mini Fatties.

Italian - stuffed with sausage/Ricotta, seasoned with Italian seasonings.

Greek - stuffed with feta/spinach/sliced olives, seasoned with lemon herb.

Hawke's special - stuffed with cubed ham/chopped olives, seasoned with Pookie G's Season All.

All served on a hoagie bun with appropriate toppings.

Started by rolling out ground beef until nice and thin on plastic wrap. Added the sausage/Ricotta stuffing.

7f006d52a6e35f0ebccc8fd35b19c947.jpg

Using the plastic wrap I gently rolled it over until just closed. Cut it off and pinch the ends and seam closed.

3a421888d86bfb6d6c08f76ecd74b867.jpg

I made a couple more. Feta/spinach/sliced olives and cubed ham/chopped olives.

f5c62d57cba5377e3c32376bb343fddc.jpg

636cd24c5f99a5eb86efc6e174ae7828.jpg

Here they are seasoned and ready to go in the freezer.

69b955a4bd2f5f113d76e6bcb677c8ae.jpg

I put them in the freezer for 30 minutes so they would be easier to handle when wrapping with bacon.

758db6f8639791b13c18e415c08dce12.jpg

Cooked at 400* on the KK's upper grate until the bacon was crisp. Shhhhh - don't tell anyone I made one extra for lunch today.

4888e1dcc9cdbcabd99382ee1c00811b.jpg

Meanwhile I made a little marinara sauce.

ea9ca8bd9be8973fd0945d926ee15ccb.jpg

Hawke's special with lettuce, tomato, cucumbers and black olives. Italian with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, in the broiler for a few moments to melt the cheese. Greek with lettuce, cucumbers and Greek dressing.

0389bcdc44052b467f8d76ab6202cd3d.jpg

Very tasty and everyone got what they wanted. I thought I would like the Italian best but my favorite was Greek. I never got to try Hawke's special as he wasn't giving up his food without a fight - LOL.

TY everyone. To be honest I didn't really like the idea of a Fatty challenge. Just how unique can one really get with a Fatty.

Seems bosco came up with a kewl idea and the Mini Fatty idea hit me fast one morning just as I woke up. (I woke up and within 3 seconds the idea was in my brain) I'm pretty pleased with how they came out and seemed like a different take on a Fatty. So maybe I was wrong about the Fatty challenge. Mrs skreef has an interesting idea she wants to try.

I can't wait to see what everyone else comes up with.

Great idea! Now I can make mine with diced jalapenos and my sons with pineapple chunks.

Mini Fatties is definitely going to be a regular at the Bistro. My son would love pineapple chunks.