Joetisserie Fits Vision Pro S

Jack.

Good new is it also fits in the Vision Classic B, but I will not be to use divide and conquer and same time, all my rotisserie cooking will have to be done via direct fire.

Using the D&C system with the JOEtisserie would defeat the purpose of rotisserie cooking. With the D&C you are roasting food indirect over s heat shield, with the JOEtisserie you are spinning food direct over live fire. That's the purpose of rotisserie cooking!

Good new is it also fits in the Vision Classic B, but I will not be to use divide and conquer and same time, all my rotisserie cooking will have to be done via direct fire.

Using the D&C system with the JOEtisserie would defeat the purpose of rotisserie cooking. With the D&C you are roasting food indirect over s heat shield, with the JOEtisserie you are spinning food direct over live fire. That's the purpose of rotisserie cooking!

^^^^^

I am looking forward to my first rotisserie cook tomorrow. I saw a Kamado kamodo video of a rotisserie cook where it has half direct and half indirect which I thought was a neat way of doing a rotisserie cook. I do realize rotisserie is meant for direct so I am not disappointed. I am glad I finally have one.

I did not mean for my initial comment to be negative.

I am looking forward to my first rotisserie cook tomorrow. I saw a Kamado kamodo video of a rotisserie cook where it has half direct and half indirect which I thought was a neat way of doing a rotisserie cook. I do realize rotisserie is meant for direct so I am not disappointed. I am glad I finally have one.

I did not mean for my initial comment to be negative.

There was nothing negative about your post Rga. You want to spin the meat over direct heat, but you find it is browning faster than it is cooking you can always toss a aluminum pan or a small deflector of some type (I use an 8" or 10" pizza stone) under the meat to deflect some of the heat directly away from the meat. You could use a small cast iron fry pan if you have one. Just lay it directly on the top of the coals directly under the meat. Don't use anything larger than you have to, or you could snuff out you coals.

....as you use the rotisserie more and more, this will become less of an issue. It's usually from having the pit temperature too hot.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/3/2016 at 8:09 PM, Jack. said:

My Joetisserie arrived today and I am happy to report that it fits the Vision Pro S. Dimensions for the Pro S are:

OD. 22.5"

ID. 20.25"

I've attached a few photos. The bottom lip of the Joetisserie sits snugly on the interior 1/4" of the gasket and appears to form a good seal.

Thanks for Looking and Happy Cooking.

a841d627a327303709dd072ebab86e42.jpgf609aeacb28458853a07d88f6d200384.jpg550cbdd2aeb053eae906e116f4394ecb.jpgf387e86a78d4b1e4044871d625b21e28.jpg64194c09b9b0c14803e4935f82c87362.jpg

Which model joetisserie is this? Making sure I am getting the correct one for our s series.  Also, did the shelves have to come off?