Sign in to follow this  
ckreef

Shrimp, Brats, Slaw

LOL about the freezer comment!!!

I have those days often around here.  I remember posting a last minute cook last month and I had some steak, chicken, shrimp and whatever else I could scrounge up and make for dinner!!

These are in my opinion the best dinners

That is some very nice looking food. That light char on the shrimp just blows me away - perfection executed.

Ya'll should open up a restaurant and call it "The Reefs."

TY Marshall - I really like using that BBQ basket for shrimp. I crank it up to 450*-500* direct. Cooks the shrimp hot and fast so you get a little char without over cooking the shrimp. Basket also makes it easier to flip the shrimp around in there. These were decent sized shrimp about U 15-20's

LOL about the freezer comment!!!

I have those days often around here. I remember posting a last minute cook last month and I had some steak, chicken, shrimp and whatever else I could scrounge up and make for dinner!!

These are in my opinion the best dinners

I do better when I cook on the fly. Sometimes the overly planned meals are more stressful and don't always come out as I wanted them to. When cooking on the fly my expectations are lower which makes for a more satisfying outcome.

if that's an example of a "what's left in the house" meal in your world I'm moving in, my wife can keep the farm house.... lol

My son was not home last night so I looked in the freezer for items that were enough for 2 people but not enough for 3. Two brats and a 1/2 lb or so of shrimp. Works for me ;-)