4. Aussie Joe

Aussie Joe

5. John Setzler

John Setzler

6. DerHusker

DerHusker

• Similar Content

• By DerHusker
      It’s been hot this last week here in Low Cal (Upper 90’s to low 100’s) but today it cooled off, so I grilled a few Cheeseburgers. I started out by cutting 2 russet potatoes up into 1/8th and then tossed in some OO and seasoned with some fresh ground salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and some thyme. I then seasoned the patties with Primo Chicago Stockyard rub. Here they are on the grill ready to be flipped.

Flipped them.

I then removed the patties and toasted the buns. While they were toasting I added some cheddar cheese slices to the patties. Once the buns were done I put the patties back on to melt the cheese.

Here it is plated up with the Steak Fries and a Modelo Especial.  

YUM!

Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      Sent the long weekend off in style with a Double Meat Double Cheese Burger. Fired up Jr. for the patties.

Flipped and removed them when they were done so I could add the cheese.

Toasted the buns.

One more time of the grill to melt the cheese.

Plated this up with some watermelon, potato salad and a Stone Brewing Xocoveza. (Yum!)

After a few bites of this monster.

So good!

Thanks for looking.

• By DerHusker
      For the long weekend we started out being invited over to our neighbor’s house for hamburgers. I was tasked with grilling up some corn.

Once these started getting some golden-brown char marks, I put them in a large rectangular pan and covered them with foil. We took this over with two each, 3 portion plates of fixings. One plate had a stick of butter, salt and black pepper for traditional American style corn of the cob. The other plate had some mayo, Tajin seasoning and come Cotija Cheese for Mexican style street corn. Didn’t feel like I should be taking pictures at their house so that’s all I can share from the 4th.
      Today I grilled up some hamburger patties on my Akorn Jr. for some cheese burgers.

After they were done I removed them and toasted the buns while I added the cheese to the burgers.

One more stop on the grill to melt the cheese.

Here is mine plated up with some potato salad, some watermelon and a Stone Brewing Vanilla Bean Porter.

There nothing quite like enjoying a good cheeseburger on the 4th of July weekend.

Thanks for looking.
    • By DerHusker
      When shopping and got some groceries we needed. Picked up some nice brioche buns and we made cheeseburgers on the Akorn Jr. again.  Sliced up the veggies.

Cooked up the burgers.

Assembled my cheeseburger and plated it with a slice of water melon, some pringles and a Modern Times Blazing World Hoppy Dank Amber.

Delicious.

Thanks for looking
    • By DerHusker
      SoCal has been scorching hot these last 3 days. Friday was 111 in the shade of my patio. Unfortunately this was the day my neighbor’s air conditioning decided to quit working. They brought over their dogs for us to try and keep cool while they worked on it and went out to eat to cool off themselves.

Saturday was 104 and Sunday was a were 100 so I braved the patio to cook something up. I’ve made a Buffalo Buffalo Smash Burger before that is IMHO the best burger ever. Unfortunately, our fridge quit working 2 weeks ago. It has since been repaired but my supply of pickled red onion went out with 3 trash bags of other food items so I decided to just use what I had on hand and make Smash Cheeseburgers.  

I stared out making some seasoned steak fries. I took 2 russet potatoes and cut each into 8 approximately equal wedges.

I then drizzled on some EVOO and seasoned them with salt, fresh ground black pepper and a little cayenne pepper.

I microwaved them for 6 minutes (stirring them every 2 minutes) to give them a head start on cooking. I then spread them out on a half sheet pan and placed it in the middle of my gasser with the burners on each side on high. (for an indirect heat of approximately 400)

With the fries cooking I turned my attention to the burgers. I took some Nice organically grown ground beef

and mixed in some diced onion and blue cheese crumbles.

I started up a 3/4 chimney of charcoal and poured it into my charcoal baskets.

I placed my C.I. griddle over them and let it get smoking hot.

I divided the ground beef into 4 roughly equal size balls.

Once the griddle was smoking hot I placed the balls on.

Once they had developed a nice crust I smashed them. I let them cook a few more minutes and then flipped them and cooked them approximately 3 more minutes.

After approximately 40 minutes the fries were ready.

Here it is plated up with a Modern Times Black House Coffee Rroasty Stout.

This was excellent!

Thanks for looking.