Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By KJKiley
      I fired up the Joe with one leftover bit of hickory for a touch of smoke, and let it settle in at 350.

The rolls went in first, and I eventually bumped up the temp to 375 to get the color I was looking for.

I started the salmon in a pre-heated (about 550) skillet then finished on the Joe for about 12 minutes.  The salsa was left over from a previous cook, but went really well with this dish, too.

Finally I sautéed the asparagus with a little butter and finished with a bit of lemon juice.

• By Rob_grill_apprentice
      Today I smoked with oak wood a roast rubbed with coffee rub and sliced thin for baguettes sandwiches from the baguettes I baked in the morning.  

• By LJS
      Hi Kamado People,
      I have been smoking for about 2 years now and I have never tried a pork roast style cook and beside whenever I have done pork roasts I have not got the crackling right and this is critical.
      So I decided to research a little and found heaps of methods out there, anyway I was stuck on three types 1. Continuous apply of vinegar, 2. Apply lots of salt to fat/skin, boiling water. All of these have the requirement of putting the pork into the kamado at a very hot temperature for around 30-40 mintues before dropping temperature to normal roasting temp of around 180/200°C.
      All of the above are required to have a dry roast, not fresh out of the plastic pack , best left overnight. At the last minute I decided to go with boiling water pouring over the fat and then right away into the hot kamado mine was at about 250/270°C range with one chunk of cheery, had no apple in the shed.
      Any how after 30min I closed the vents and the temp started to drop. Once at 180°C I left her there until internal reached 75°C and wow wow what a beauty. Moist and perfect crackling. Salt was needed to be added though.  

• By JohnnyAppetizer
      Traegering..

• By JeffieBoy
      My daughter grabbed up some fresh, wild Sockeye filets at Costco a few weeks ago.  She dropped them into our freezer since she didn't have room in hers.  Yesterday, she asked us to pull two out to defrost for a dinner.  They were just around a pound each. They sat in the sink for three hours at which point she called and advised that she cancelled dinner due to a sudden stomach ailment.  We put them into the fridge then decided today that we should cook them up to prevent spoilage.  This afternoon, I made a brown sugar and kosher salt brine and soaked the fillets for just under two hours.

i fired up the Akorn to about 169 degrees, added some apple chunks and alder chips to supplement and then tossed the fish on.  They have been in the Akorn for about an hour now and I think I am going to go for about three more hours before pulling them off.  The Akorn has been holding steady now at 168-170 degrees F and that has surprised me.  I seriously thought that I couldn't get it to hold that low.  First time doing fish on the Akorn At a temperature this low, so any suggestions are appreciated!

More photos to follow as we finish up.