Sign in to follow this  
socaldave

Hello all from Los Angeles, CA

Grillings Good Folks,

My name is David and I am new to Kamado cooking and so I'm looking forward to learning much about this new process from many of you. My experience is novice at best and this new interest is in part due to becoming a sales rep for Kamado Joe this past December for the Costco Roadshows. 

I'd like to put the word out on my schedule in case some of you may be interested in knowing my whereabouts of my Costco Roadshows. I do apologize if I have chosen the wrong place to post this information for you and respect any decision the moderators make. My intention is to post information on the Kamado Joe Brand, not to spam or become a nuisance to this forum in any way.

I look forward to getting to know some of you and learning much more about Kamado style cooking.

David Cantu

Welcome socal Dave,there is lots of info here. you can correct me if im wrong but I believe you are the sales rep that sold me my classic at the Woodland hills Costco back in January

Welcome from down the freeway in Laguna Hills!

I might have bought a bunch of charcoal from you at the Fountain Valley road show a few months back.

BTW I suspect the best place to post road show schedules would be in the "Kamado Joe" forum down under the "Talk About Your Cooker & Accessories" sub-forum...

Thank you good folks. Hi "JaxxQ", I was the guy doing the Woodland Hills show. I need to get my picture posted on my profile and will be doing that. I hope that bad boy is doing good. I just got a Classic early this week so I'm going to start some ribs up next week. Thank you again! 

Hi "bwarbiany." Thanks for the tip on where to list. I'll try that out as it makes total sense. 

Have a great day all.

Dave

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jpp
      hi everyone

Just wanted to give you a feedback on my experience so far with the dojoe (on kamado big joe)

i have a very mixed feeling with this accessory. i am loving all others kamado accessories however

From access to the center of stone (very small opening), temperature control (most of the time below my required temperature (i like to cook pizza close to 700deg f) ) and the impossibility to cool down the charcoal for a next cook (you cannot close the dome until it cool down completely) i have very negative feelings about this product.

But the most annoying thing for me is the charcoal consumption to reach an acceptable temperature...it is just unbelievable  the amount of charcoal you need to put inside the kamado just to cook couple of pizzas

i have made a quick calculation and i would reimburse almost a dedicated pizza oven (like ooni pro) in less than 10-15 cooks only vs the amount of charcoal i am putting right now 

i have made several trials (almost 7) and my conclusion is simple: i will stop cooking with the dojoe and invest in a dedicated pizza oven...i gave up... and i can tell you it does require a lot for me the give up something i invested 300usd

could be good to share your feedback on this product. maybe i raised my expectations to high

• By Chap Swinson
      Bbqube temperature controller.  Like new.  Used once or twice.  $80 plus cost of shipping.  PM if interested.  South Carolina.  

• By Burgy12
      First time posting here and I need some help- this year the torch has been passed to me to cook Christmas dinner for my family (10 people). I purchased my KJ Classic II 3 weeks ago and thought I’d give Prime Rib a shot. I’m new to smoking/grilling but I’ve loved my KJ so far and cooked some killer dinners already. Confidence was high, did my research, purchased 11lbs of Prime Rib From a local butcher and took it home. 

First mistake: I thought I had ordered boneless PR - nope, bone-in... butcher had already cut the bones and retied to the meat. I thought I should just cut it off and proceed as planned. Well I cut the bones off and saw some thick chucks of fat (fat cap?) and took those off as well. trimmed a lot of fat off the back as well because it seemed too thick. Tied back up with butcher twine and now it’s sitting in the fridge seasoned with salt,pepper, garlic powder and wrapped in plastic. 

After watching numerous YouTube videos of people cooking with the bones attaching & properly trimming their PR - I’m terrified that I butchered (no pun intended) this meat and took out all the flavor removing the bone rack & fat cap. Im also worried that the meat will sit in the fridge seasoned too long and the meat will dry out as a result.  The cook will be tomorrow around noon which means it will sit about 36 hours seasoned. 

Any ideas to help this rookie save this cook is much appreciated!
      I’d love Malcom Reed or John Setlzer to just give me a pat on the back and tell me it’s going to be ok haha

P.S. I’m planning on adding a wet rub over the PR about an hour or two before throwing it on the Joe tomorrow: cooking low&slow over indirect heat around 225-250 until internal temp hits about 120 - removing and letting rest while I crank up the Joe to 500 for a quick reverse sear. I also still have the bone rack and not sure what to do with it. 

• By Antonio
      I am looking to buy a Kamado Grill/Smoker I am looking for advice from people that have actually purchased and used one. I am also looking to buy one reasonably priced, Best Bang for the Buck.  I really like the Kamado Joe but they are definitely a bit pricey. So all advice from experienced Kamado buyers and users are appreciated  

Thank you
      Anthony
    • By kamado mofo
      Hello All!!! Getting my Kamodo dialed in. Thought I had a gasket issue, but Brian at Hi-Que gave me lots of knowledge about fire control on my grill. Any tips on controlling the level of smoke applied to the cook would be appreciate by this rookie!