Vision Grills 20 pound Natural Lump at Sam's Club

Don't know if this is a midwest thing but Sam's Club has 20 pound bags for $11.99. The lumps are huge! I've been cooking with dust with the two bags of Cowboy that I got last fall.

Is it the Vision Hardwood Lump? because out here in Palmdale Ca. they have the Vision lump and it was 20% dust

Don't know if this is a midwest thing but Sam's Club has 20 pound bags for $11.99. The lumps are huge! I've been cooking with dust with the two bags of Cowboy that I got last fall.

Is it the Vision Hardwood Lump? because out here in Palmdale Ca. they have the Vision lump and it was 20% dust
That's because they send the good stuff to the east coast and Midwest and the dust to the west coast. West coast gets no respect

I tried it a few months ago and while there were big pieces, it was some of the worst lump I've used.  Took forever to light - 45 minutes instead of the usual 15 minutes and sparked like crazy.

I've used it and it's fine. Not the best, not the worst. I've had bags that had way too much dust/small pieces and other bags that were perfect. I'd say comparable to RO maybe the good bags are a little better. I use it because it's about the only lump I can buy locally. My other choices are RO, BGE or Frontier, on a local level.

Just to come back with a report. The lumps were smaller than I thought they were but certainly not dust. I used one Weber Cube as a starter and stacked the lumps around it. It was burning well in ten minutes and ready to cook at about 25 minutes. I was using it for a steak so I let it get a little hotter than my usual 350 degrees.  So far; so good.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried it a few months ago and while there were big pieces, it was some of the worst lump I've used.  Took forever to light - 45 minutes instead of the usual 15 minutes and sparked like crazy.

I was about to say the same thing.  I put the last of the bag in mine last night and WON'T be buying anymore.