• Announcements

• John Setzler

Site TOS/Guidelines Updated 9/7/2017   05/02/2017

The rules here are simple.  You must behave like an adult.  You may not use profanity.  If 'behaving like and adult' needs specific details in your eyes, then this forum is not for you.  Failure to behave like an adult may result in your loss of access to the site.     YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION: Personal information provided to the Kamado Guru website is NOT shared with any third party for any reason. EVER.    THE REST OF THE STUFF:

Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message.

The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this bulletin board. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law.

You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this bulletin board.

Our websites use cookies to distinguish you from other users of our website. This helps us to provide you with a personalised experience when you browse this site. For detailed information on the cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them see our cookie policy (link at the footer of each page).   Thanks!
Sign in to follow this  
hokihigh

What to use??

Okay I do not a quality source of lump charcoal, the only thing I can find is Cowboy lump at lowes.

So what should I use Kingsford comp briquettes or Cowboy lump for the T-giving Turkey?

Thanks

Hoki

From what I have read, Cowboy lump supposedly has improved. Users are saying it's no longer made from construction site scraps. It's now supposed to be made of tree limbs and branches.

I have not tried it, however.

Cowboy lump is not as bad as everyone says... I have used it and it's ok... I'd prefer that over briquettes. If you have a Walmart locally they should have the Royal Oak lump which is pretty good stuff.

Yep we a Wally World but they don't a single bag of charcoal anywhere, go figure???

I was also looking for lump at Wally World spoke to the manager about royal oak he said they let most of the charcoal run out to make room for Xmas decor. Luckily I found some natural lump at HEB

Check you grocery stores, target, Walley World, etc. I do think any of the charcoal is as bad as some say. My son found a rock and nails in his last bag of RO.

Irvin F.

King Griller w/Auber PID

Royal Oak does source from a few different countries. I've only had bags from the USA, but I've seen reports of bags from various South American countries. Some have reported differing quality levels based on that.

I believe Lowes usually keeps Stubbs All Natural briquettes in stock also as a last resort for anyone else reading this tread in the future.